Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

American SouthWest Upgrade

American SouthWest Upgrade

View File

American SouthWest Update....

This little package will update the ASW terrain by adding several more usable airports for both sides. Randolph, Kelly, Harlingin have been added to the NAA side; Nuevo Laredo, McAllen and Rio Grande for the GS side.

Included is a new TFD, HFD, targets and types ini, along with a new sign. New planning maps have also been included.

All other parts from my original upload are re-used.

See the enclosed readme for super easy install instructions (for once!)

Enjoy!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

File Name: American SouthWest Upgrade

File Submitter: Wrench

File Submitted: 29 Feb 2008

File Category: Maps/Terrain Mods

File Version: 1.99

American SouthWest Update....

This little package will update the ASW terrain by adding several more usable airports for both sides. Randolph, Kelly, Harlingin have been added to the NAA side; Nuevo Laredo, McAllen and Rio Grande for the GS side.

Included is a new TFD, HFD, targets and types ini, along with a new sign. New planning maps have also been included.

All other parts from my original upload are re-used.

See the enclosed readme for super easy install instructions (for once!)

Enjoy!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Click here to download this file

Wrench , as always brilliant!

I am checking the readme and inis..

I guess it comes with a kit to setup that little idea of mine?

super easy install instructions

Thanks! No more confused Viggens on Friday nights.

Yep, but I couldn't find anything to use as a "resort", so just use Harlingin Airport. BTW, the museaum pieces are NOT included ... couldn't figure out who made what, so unfortuanately, the end users will have to transfer them over from their WW2 maps.

The layout to copy/paste into the targets and types ini, is in the readme.

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: the damn planning map3 is MOST of the size of this!!!!

pps:: OH RATS!!! I forgot the add the placement for the USS Texas (ie: Hinch's Iron Duke).. I'll figure out the x/y on that, and post the positions later...got a rotten cold/flu/allergy attack and fell lousy...

Yep, but I couldn't find anything to use as a "resort", so just use Harlingin Airport. BTW, the museaum pieces are NOT included ... couldn't figure out who made what, so unfortuanately, the end users will have to transfer them over from their WW2 maps.

The layout to copy/paste into the targets and types ini, is in the readme.

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: the damn planning map3 is MOST of the size of this!!!!

pps:: OH RATS!!! I forgot the add the placement for the USS Texas (ie: Hinch's Iron Duke).. I'll figure out the x/y on that, and post the positions later...got a rotten cold/flu/allergy attack and fell lousy...

Actually harlingin is perfect for the airshow scene where the Bf109 strafe the CAF display.

What I needed was the secret hidden in the desert airfield, where the BF-109 operate from, that is the resort I meant.

Seriously kev, you should read "Gray Eagles" it is a great book!

http://www.amazon.com/Gray-Eagles-Duane-Un...r/dp/0688049729

except, that, I swear, there is NO kinky sex!

Seriously kev, you should read "Gray Eagles" it is a great book!

except, that, I swear, there is NO kinky sex!

Forget it then!!! It's all through "The Wingman" series...Hawk Hunter is always tumbling into bed with at least 2 women!! :rofl:

I guess I"m gonna have to that book, even without the kinks

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench I hate to bother, bu are randolph and kelly still suppsed to be destroyed?

"Destroyed" as in covered with wreckage, but still flyable from?? Yes. I flattened the runways and made them operational. I think it gives it a real lived in/at war look with the destroyed buildings. Some things just don't have time to get fixed....

I figured that somebody in the Global Sedition had trained at Kelly, and had a bad experience there, and took out some revenge :haha: (got the idea from some movie or book I'd seen recently...can't remember the name, or which. Sort of like the IJN sub commander that shelled the refinery at Santa Barbara...'rumour has it' he was a tanker captain before the war, and had an incident there, and was shamed. Took it out on them the first chance he could get. Personel connection: my Dad's National Guard unit was rushed up there -via bus!!- shortly thereafter.)

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok ...new hot fix adds the USS Texas

1st) off you go the the downloads section, and grab Hinch's HMS Iron Duke. Install into your /GroundObjects folder as normal -note you may need to add the 13.5 in guns to your gundata ini, or may experince CTDs.

open the ASW_targets ini, find "Houston", add this at the bottom:

Target[343].Type=IronDuke

Target[343].Offset=2020,-167

Target[343].Heading=180

Save and Close.

Open the ASW_Types ini, and add this at the bottom, where *** is the next number in sequence:

[TargetType142]

Name=IronDuke

FullName=USS Texas

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=10000

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=IronDuke

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DestroyedEffect=ShipDestroyedEffect

DamagedModel=

SecondaryEffect=LargeOilFire

DestroyedModel=

SecondaryChance=100

Save and close.

You'll want to grab the 2 new flags, named the same, but different ensigns from the link below:

Link --->New USS Texas Flags <---LINK

Unzip them into the IronDuke's folder. They'll overwrite the existing Vice Admiral and RN White Ensign.

It'll look like this, in game.....

uss-texas.jpg

If you're REAAAALLLY into having it just as a 'museaum piece', you can drop the bmps, lods, and IronDuke.ini (the data ini will not be needed) directly into the terrain folder, and change the pointer in the Types entry to read:

UseGroundObject=FALSE.

This will eliminate the ships smoke, center the gun turrets, and make a nice fat target that don't shoot back.

Your choices!

Wrench

kevin stein