Sign in to follow this  

A number of airbases appear to be partly below ground level, so that you can't take off from them and wingmen crash on take off. One of these bases is Etzion, and I've also noticed it with a number of the Egyptian bases in the Sinai when looking at them from the air. Is there a way to fix this?

I have yet to see this. You install any mods?

I have yet to see this. You install any mods?

Start a Yom Kippur campaign with 144 squadron, based at Etzion. I see this:

WOI_img00001.jpg

Tower view (runway is there but the aircraft are not, the terrain is not level)

WOI_img00002.jpg

It doesn't happen every time, I suspect because you sometimes start on a different runway. This was Runway 22.

No mods installed.

I had the same issue, no mod installed/

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Start a Yom Kippur campaign with 144 squadron, based at Etzion. I see this:

WOI_img00001.jpg

Tower view (runway is there but the aircraft are not, the terrain is not level)

WOI_img00002.jpg

It doesn't happen every time, I suspect because you sometimes start on a different runway. This was Runway 22.

No mods installed.

HEY. :biggrin:

I ALREADY FIXED IT :good:

...PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE THE CHANGES?

[TargetArea183]

Name=Etzion Airbase

Position=445450,393450<----------change this value....

Sidd Babby!!! You don't have to shout!!! :ok:

So, this repositions it BACK to the center of the flat zone??

I've haven't had the IDF airbase fault, but did at one or 2 of the EAF ones. I"ll have to go and turn on the debug again to get the postions.

Looks like a standard airfield flattening issue -- which I've (unfortunately) become rather intimate with of late....

EDIT

Anybody notice this:

[TargetArea183]

Name=Etzion Airbase

Position=446000,394000

Location=8

Alignment=FRIENDLY

ActiveDate=10/1/1973 <---

InactiveDate=10/31/1974<---

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield6.ini

NumSquadrons=6

One now begins to wonder if you guys were flying beyond (before/after) those years. Methinks the game engine somewhere, somehow is removing the runway. I think it's handling things different...in WoE/SF/maybe WoV 'active year=' will usually remove the entire base. Thats how it worked on the PTO map upgrades (ie: New Guinea 2). The areas for the bases, while still flat with their tile exclusions, were empty of the runways and associated sub-parts. But the target area would still list with the huddata set to debug on, showing the nearest target area = line.

Has anyone mentioned this to TK??

Wrench

kevin stein

Kind of digging into the archives here, but I had a similiar problem with Ramon Air Base during the Golan campaign. It wasnt showing up. After doing a search, I came by this thread.

In game, Ramon wasnt active until 1981, so that explains why it wouldnt be there yet, as that is a correct date.

As for Etzion Air Base, the in game dates for it are 1973-1974, but according to some research I did, the Osirak raid launched from Etzion in 1981. So, something isnt correct. It's replacement was Ovda Air Force Base, which opened in 1982.

-S