Sign in to follow this  
drdoyo

Grounded indefinately

Since the 3rd wire stuff is where I've sepnt my most time, and done the most contribution work (some of which you all havn'e even seen yet) I thought I'd post this here. I won't be doing much,....anything actually on my computer for the forseeable future.

I turned her off last Monday night before going to bed and shortly thereafter remembered that I forgot to check my email. When I got up to go to work Tuesday morning I tried to turn her on ...and nothing. No fans, no lights from the processor, and no sound except from the monitor and speakers. I'm pretty sure it's either the power supply, or the power button. The system being 6 years old, I'm not sure I can find compatable components. I can't afford a new system either. So, I'll be checking in on the message boards from time to time from friends, or work as time permits, but I'll be pretty much out of touch until I can get this sorted out in some way.

Doc

Edited by drdoyo

You have my sympathy, drdoyo.

FYI: my system is even slightly older than yours... :blink:

You have my sympathy, drdoyo.

Good thing is decent power supplies are not expensive and they are relatively easy to replace. Good luck, doc.

Don't give up! I have some some experience with computer hardware and most of the systems I've seen with the same symptoms had relatively small problems (most of them needed only cleaning the dust from PCB's to get them operationa againl!). I guess it's the power supply and if it is standart ATX PSU - they haven't changed much for the last 10 years and aren't expensive. I hope you get back "in the air" soon!

I'm with you!Don't give up!I'm just a reduce from a hell of a week about my pc,a malware blocked my connections,a friend of mine format it and saved my WoE and my works and wips,from 10 am to 9pm,and now is saved!angels exist! :good:

Guest Bounder

also don't forget the little watch like battery on the mother board ,that will also stop a pc cold.

Edited by Bounder

I know your pain exactly, you have have my sympathy drdoyo

(it was power supply my side)

I've had the same somewhat. A Blue Screen of Death, another PC infested with Malware, and an Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death all with in the same month.

Ooh... Sorry to hear it.

I know how you feel. My machine bit the dust last summer. I've been flying (on very low graphical settings) my wife's laptop since then.

Good luck getting airborne again!

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Hope you can get a new computer soon (especially with all those sales going on now).

Erm - if you havnt already done this - take out the mains lead for aboout 30 seconds - then plug it back in (lost count the amount of times thats got powerless PCs up again) - also check the fuse in the actual mains lead if you can.