Sign in to follow this  
CollapseSociety

Saitek x52 useless in LOMAC?

That is what it seems at this point. The throttle and joystick work great in Falcon AF but no dice in LOMAC.

Everytime I go to the input section in options, it switches the input back to keyboard.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Cause I really been waiting to get into this game.

The input isn't being switched back to keyboard, the pull down list shows all the devices that are available in LOMAC. Do you have the Saitek software installed that came with the joystick?

The input isn't being switched back to keyboard, the pull down list shows all the devices that are available in LOMAC. Do you have the Saitek software installed that came with the joystick?

I sure do, As I said, the throttle and joystick worked great in Falcon 4.0 without specific button configuration.

I also went on saitek's site and downloaded the LOMAC profile but I don't know where to put it. Or how to make it work.

Nooooob!

Ha.

Now, Another Question.......

...Do You Have Windows Vista? :blink:

Hmm......ok

...just op en the profile editor and start mapping the buttons on the the joystick you see to keystrokes in-game...

...i.e. if you wanted to use the trigger as a wheel brake [i do in Falcon] just find out the keystroke for the wheel brake, click the space in the Editor for the trigger, and type in that keystroke. then click the green check mark to append it.

afterwards, you should see the key set in that space as the keystroke designated for that button. Where it says "New Keypress", you can click there and it will allow you to name your new command [ Wheel Brake, for example].

And that is all! :biggrin:

...any questions? :blink:

i'm prolly on for a short time, so....

Hmm......ok

...just op en the profile editor and start mapping the buttons on the the joystick you see to keystrokes in-game...

...i.e. if you wanted to use the trigger as a wheel brake [i do in Falcon] just find out the keystroke for the wheel brake, click the space in the Editor for the trigger, and type in that keystroke. then click the green check mark to append it.

afterwards, you should see the key set in that space as the keystroke designated for that button. Where it says "New Keypress", you can click there and it will allow you to name your new command [ Wheel Brake, for example].

And that is all! :biggrin:

...any questions? :blink:

i'm prolly on for a short time, so....

Yeah I know that stuff already, but even when I make a profile and use it it still doesnt work in LOMAC.

I even deleted the settings that were listed for the joystick inside LOMAC.

Still...

The nightmare continues.

Yeah I know that stuff already, but even when I make a profile and use it it still doesnt work in LOMAC.

I even deleted the settings that were listed for the joystick inside LOMAC.

Still...

The nightmare continues.

I was havin the same prob, but with x45 stick and the new saitek sst pro drivers. Only half of the throttle buttons were responding & none when using the pinky switch. I tried makin a fresh profile & even modifying a profile i found on the web, but still had same prob. Seemed to work fine if i didnt try to map any modes to the pinky. Also, in the game UI, in the input section, i found when testing my stick in there, not all the buttons were registering, but when i unplugged the stick from the usb & plugged it back in again they all seemed to light up, real pain in the ass....anyway i uninstalled the pro drivers & went back to the earlier .dat version (you can see your stick in the profile editor) & its works fine now.

Edited by Adder667

I was havin the same prob, but with x45 stick and the new saitek sst pro drivers. Only half of the throttle buttons were responding & none when using the pinky switch. I tried makin a fresh profile & even modifying a profile i found on the web, but still had same prob. Seemed to work fine if i didnt try to map any modes to the pinky. Also, in the game UI, in the input section, i found when testing my stick in there, not all the buttons were registering, but when i unplugged the stick from the usb & plugged it back in again they all seemed to light up, real pain in the ass....anyway i uninstalled the pro drivers & went back to the earlier .dat version (you can see your stick in the profile editor) & its works fine now.

X52 Pro has issues. Use the Original SST software for the X52. I have an X52 and it has never given me any problems, but I stay with the original SST program.

X52 Pro has issues.

Mine doesn't but I admit that it's a long time since I've played LOMAC.

LOMAC is known to have issues with the aux or mode switch on Saitek HOTAS (can't remember exactly which) in that it keeps detecting button 33/34 - the way around that is to use a profile in SST.

Mine doesn't but I admit that it's a long time since I've played LOMAC.

LOMAC is known to have issues with the aux or mode switch on Saitek HOTAS (can't remember exactly which) in that it keeps detecting button 33/34 - the way around that is to use a profile in SST.

Buff: Glad to hear you have one that is giving no problems, great. I always use the SST program. I set the X52 in game, check the keyboard keys and make a list of changes if any then build an SST Profile. This should be the proper way to use the X52 or X52 Pro. I would suggest though that you do not update your SST program that is working for you. New updates have been knowen to give problems. I have had my X52 since the 1st year they came out and I still use the same SST program. If it ain't broken don't try to fix it. Other hardware sometimes requires a driver update but I have found, I use xp home sp2 that sometimes you should not update if you can't go back. I have an ATI graphics card and use 7.7, they are up to 8.?. Tried latest but gave problems which brings me to this statement, I find that if there is any Vista associated fixes with the updates that windows xp does not like it one bit. If it is just for windows xp then I will make a decision on if I update or not. I know that all these KB updates has slowed the system down a bit but I take them. They come with an uninstall so I can get rid of some if they give a problem. Has happened in past. Anyway thanks for the info, love the X52 series. Got a little info for you if you find that your joystick seems a little to loose. Just pull down on the spring fit a bushing of your own making, piece of cake and let it fit up into the base where the spring enters the joystick. 50 cent fix. $400 plus for a Cougar. That was a tip on LOFC forum. Works perfect. Oh the reason I am here in this forum now is I went back to V1.02. Starforce gave me hardware problems and probably some software as well so I cleaned it off but I think a reformat is the only way to make sure you get it all. If someone says it cause them no problems , they don't realize just what it is doing. Scary. A mini OS with its own directives. I was one of the people that lost a brand new dvd rw. Only the CD-r"s are safe from it. I think it is because you can copy with an RW so it rewrites the Burner codes and eventually it will not function at all. Sorry for such a long reply. Cheers and again thanks for your info.

I would suggest though that you do not update your SST program that is working for you. New updates have been knowen to give problems.

I'm running the latest ... :wink:

There are pros (e.g. direction sensitive rotaries, Vista support) & negatives (e.g. no 3D model) but if you are happy with your current version that's all that matters.

I would say that the X52 Pro is an improvement over the X52 mechanically but also has functionality (& cost) in the MFD that not everyone needs/can use as few games can output the necessary data.

Shame as it's potentially a killer feature if more games supported data output.

I'm running the latest ... :wink:

There are pros (e.g. direction sensitive rotaries, Vista support) & negatives (e.g. no 3D model) but if you are happy with your current version that's all that matters.

I would say that the X52 Pro is an improvement over the X52 mechanically but also has functionality (& cost) in the MFD that not everyone needs/can use as few games can output the necessary data.

Shame as it's potentially a killer feature if more games supported data output.

Ya, that's true. I think I will always stick with the X52 series, if mine ever fails me. They are great for what you pay. Not an elite flyer who wants replicas of everything. I don't know where some of them get the money they spend to play LO or Falcon. I have seen some pits that cost thousands of dollars, right down to the ejection set. A complete step in nose cone. Now I am sure everyone would love one but the cost is way way out of my reach. I am happy with what I have. Do you use any of the Tracker Ir's? I hear and see on the forums, that a lot of people have issues, especially running Vista but xp as well and some swear by it. From what I read it gives an extra sensation to the game, when it works. Is there anyone here that still uses V1.02 exclusively. I have a question on Weapons not showing on the MFD display when you input your own. this only happens with the F15C. If I use the preset ones, no problem but if I build one and use LOPE to make a change and input into weapons list, they will not show on the MFD.Cheers, it's great talking with you. Have a good day!!