Browsing through many aircraft ini files I noticed that INTERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATORS and EXTERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATORS are used, sometimes in multiples, but I dont see an entry in the lines that associate them with speciffic tanks i.e. if an aircraft has 3 fuselage taks and 2 wing tanks can I make a individual gauge for each tank? using a line like ItemNumber= 1, 2, 3 etc, would the same work for external tanks and how would I associate the gauge with a specific external tank?

Edited by craigbrierley

Browsing through many aircraft ini files I noticed that INTERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATORS and EXTERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATORS are used, sometimes in multiples, but I dont see an entry in the lines that associate them with speciffic tanks i.e. if an aircraft has 3 fuselage taks and 2 wing tanks can I make a individual gauge for each tank? using a line like ItemNumber= 1, 2, 3 etc, would the same work for external tanks and how would I associate the gauge with a specific external tank?

I guess you could give the "Item number" a try and see if it works for internal fuel tanks. I've never thought about that.

However, I don't think you could apply the same to the external tanks. So I think that you might be stuck there.

Let us know how you get on.

Well, after some tweaking and tweaking more, I think the itemnumber thing actually does work, for internal tanks anyway, I havent tried on the externals yet.

Well, after some tweaking and tweaking more, I think the itemnumber thing actually does work, for internal tanks anyway, I havent tried on the externals yet.

That's good news. Might have to go back and change some of my pits.

Well after more looking I am back to square one, I cant say for sure if it does work or not, here's a question, in the aircraft data.ini file, are fuel capacities in KG, Lbs, Gals or Litres?

Copied from Charles Strike Fighter Notes:

SF uses the Metric system for its data (metres, kilograms, and Newton for engine thrust).

NB Fuel is in Kg, not litres.

OK thanks, yes I confirm that fuel gauges do NOT read from specific tanks, worth a try though.