I was playing the other day and realized that the AGM-65 loadout was wrong. It says you can either carry 2 (1 on station 3 and 1 on station 9)...or 6 (3 on 9 and 3 on 3) which is wrong. Due to the fact that the exhaust from the missile would burn the main wheels which semi-retract, we do not load them on the inside of the LAU-88. Is there anyway to fix this?

Would think so - may even be possible if you open up A-10s loadout.ini and change it to 2 instead of 3 for each agm-65 (you would need to extract that file from object.cat)

Otherwise I guess lau-88 itself would need to be changed itself - need an expert though

You can go into the data.ini for the A-10 and fix it yourself.

BUT, you have to do the skull sweat to learn how...this sounds like a realistic restriction, so it would be a matter of restricting what kind of weapon can be carried on those stations.

Check the weaponspack for details...there is a nice PDF file included that specifies how to limit possible loadouts on stations.

FastCargo

thanks....i actually load the a-10 at the 110th FW in Battle creek Michigan...so now i'm starting to notice how some loadouts actually make me laugh. i will read the pdf and see if i can fix it...thank you

thanks....i actually load the a-10 at the 110th FW in Battle creek Michigan...so now i'm starting to notice how some loadouts actually make me laugh. i will read the pdf and see if i can fix it...thank you

Well I guess you are the expert in A-10 loadouts - so anyone with a question now yours chance! Seen loads of threads where people argue about loadouts.

If you have any problems come back and ask - most of what you need to know is already on here in past threads or on the revised knowledge base.

You could even post your loadout.ini and data.ini if you like as a realistic A-10 loadout mod for others when its sorted.

Seen loads of threads where people argue about loadouts.

Like how many Sparrows F-4Gs had? :rolleyes:

Well I guess you are the expert in A-10 loadouts - so anyone with a question now yours chance! Seen loads of threads where people argue about loadouts.

If you have any problems come back and ask - most of what you need to know is already on here in past threads or on the revised knowledge base.

You could even post your loadout.ini and data.ini if you like as a realistic A-10 loadout mod for others when its sorted.

I'd be curious myself if it's not classified or restricted info. The Hog has so many stations, I've never been able to find a easy to read AND accurate diagram of what it can and can't carry.

FastCargo

WOOHOO Michigan! Back home!

As an ex-warthog armorer from the ers portrayed in WoE, I iterated this before as well.

Especially when beta-testing LOMAC, it just seemed beyond folks to understand `the slant' load.

I am sure some serious skull sweat will be required to get the outboards and center to load, yet the inboard to be absent.

The LAU-117 did not come out `til the early 90's, but I had transitioned to the Aardvark by then, and the Maverick was rarely loaded.

I welcom your attempt to get this rascal right, as I would probably strain my brain tryin'... :biggrin:

As an ex-warthog armorer from the ers portrayed in WoE, I iterated this before as well.

Especially when beta-testing LOMAC, it just seemed beyond folks to understand `the slant' load.

I am sure some serious skull sweat will be required to get the outboards and center to load, yet the inboard to be absent.

The LAU-117 did not come out `til the early 90's, but I had transitioned to the Aardvark by then, and the Maverick was rarely loaded.

I welcom your attempt to get this rascal right, as I would probably strain my brain tryin'... :biggrin:

Well between you 2, could you send us something on how they are loaded and we could make it a reality.

I've got a guy who's a Hawg driver. I'll ask him if he can pass along any non- OPSEC stuff.

so for accurate load-outs...we have upgraded to the C Model..so what it can carry has changed some. and all games model the A model so i may not be a lot of help...but it's mostlyt accurate except for the 6 mavs..and that 1 AIM-9...the LAU-105 cannot attach directly to the pylon so you must use a DRA and therefore...2 LAU-105...i hope THAT'S not giving out any OPSEC info...those are the only 2 goofy load-outs i see...

off tpoic

USAFMTL...where are you at now?

off tpoic

USAFMTL...where are you at now?

Tinker AFB, Ok....

Check under his avatar, he's at Tinker.

Back in the 80's I do recall seeing a single rail outboard, mostly carried ACMI pods for training.

OK USAFMTL i ment...where are you from? my apologies. as for the 1 AIM-9...i recall reading that..but we don't do that now

You know where Oscoda is?

You know where Oscoda is?

i used to live in Lincoln..like between oscoda and aplena...whats the old B-52 base up there called?

mean while back on topic..

is there anyone looking to model the A-10C?..or is the A-10 kinda going away in the flight sim community as well?

Well, the external model wouldn't take much...but the cockpit would have to be completely rebuilt.

And that's the hard part.

Plus, there are a ton of other projects going on.

Is it wanted? Sure...but like anything else, you gotta find somebody with the time, energy and ability who isn't committed to another project.

FastCargo

i used to live in Lincoln..like between oscoda and aplena...whats the old B-52 base up there called?

mean while back on topic..

is there anyone looking to model the A-10C?..or is the A-10 kinda going away in the flight sim community as well?

I got wpnssgt's A-10 max file with his started A-10C pit based off of Kess's work. (He loaded them in Korea.) Maybe we can get someone to finish it. Man we have a huge community but so few 3d guru's.

i'm sure if i sit here i can come up with everything except the cockpit..such as new avionics and loadouts. if anyone is interested in finishing that pit?

Hey USAFMTL/BLT is there anyway i can get wpnssgt a-10 max file from you. i'll go ahead and work on finishing it and all the other stuff...

Hey USAFMTL/BLT is there anyway i can get wpnssgt a-10 max file from you. i'll go ahead and work on finishing it and all the other stuff...

Drop me a PM.