Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Yeah, I saw this video today. Wonder how it's done? And will it be peerermanent feature, or somehow scripted into specific YAP missions?

And would casual non-yankee users profit from it? I doubt

Yeah, I saw this video today. Wonder how it's done? And will it be peerermanent feature, or somehow scripted into specific YAP missions?

And would casual non-yankee users profit from it? I doubt

Hmm... I think this is a good step forward. I love the re-fueling capability in Falcon4 AF and Lock On which has been missing from the 3W series. In my view it will add immeasurably to the sim so I'm for it! :good:

It remains to be seen how accurately it can be done. The other sims have problems with 'connection' reality so I wait to see how this will actually work.

Someone should implement refueling areas to the Terrains, something like this ...

how? the game does not support any refuelling of any kind

i really wonder about that :dntknw:

how? the game does not support any refuelling of any kind

i really wonder about that :dntknw:

Well, 05 said this in the SimHQ forum:

It is not a trick.

Typically, when it comes to advertising YAP's features, 05 is accurate.

So, I suspect the video is legitimate. How's it's done, I haven't figured out yet.

FastCargo

Well, 05 said this in the SimHQ forum:

Typically, when it comes to advertising YAP's features, 05 is accurate.

So, I suspect the video is legitimate. How's it's done, I haven't figured out yet.

FastCargo

a core code hack? :blink: (yes i know i made too much speculation)

Edited by Murphy'S

FastCargo

They played it backwards :biggrin:

Yokes aside, I wonder if such feature, when properly implemented, will be keep secret under penalty of death, or the'll show community how-to -which is part I doubt

They played it backwards :biggrin:

Yokes aside, I wonder if such feature, when properly implemented, will be keep secret under penalty of death, or the'll show community how-to -which is part I doubt

Well, a code hack means that it must be TK endorsed and authorised. An .ini edit, although genius, can be reproduced once we know it can be done

Isn't refueling possible in WOI? I don't have it so I don't know, but if it is and if let's say it's possible to refuel on aircraft carrier maybe they designated KC as aircraft carrier and when you come into it's ini.* defined range you refuel automatically, or something like that lol

Just speculating...

Well, a code hack means that it must be TK endorsed and authorised. An .ini edit, although genius, can be reproduced once we know it can be done

Now,now guys be nice. Let's not start 'hacking' talk and upsetting everyone. YAP have done wonderful things. Yes I know it's payware and there are many opposing views on that one but they ask for their work to be respected and isn't that a central core of C.A. to respect the work of others?

Brainless,

No one is putting down YAPs work or talking about payware vs freeware. All the speculation is simply about how it's done.

FastCargo

Brainless,

No one is putting down YAPs work or talking about payware vs freeware. All the speculation is simply about how it's done.

FastCargo

Good to hear this. Just a cautionary note from me in case we get into some of the ugly stuff we had last time round when I got private mails about what was going on and I don't want to have to start defending you guys again. Enough said now so please be kind and play nice.

Guest zerocinco

It isn't a hack. The source code belongs to TK and TK alone.

Thanks Brainless for defending us. I was not attacking YAP nor I ever did. My point was, do they have some source code access, which would be a novelty since TK hasn't released any source code yet, that I know of, or it s just an .ini genius edit?

Just thinking about it off the top of my head...

There is no facility to transfer fuel from one aircraft to another, so the tanker aircraft is just for show.

There are a couple of ways to add or remove fuel from an aircraft, but because the gauge counts up incrementally instead of jumping up by a certain amount, I think the trick has to do with fuel flow, and it makes me wonder if the game will accept a negate value for TSFCM. If you could set up a subsystem with a negative specific fuel consumption and if you could toggle it on and off, you could create this effect.

It will be interesting to try and reverse engineer.

, I think the trick has to do with fuel flow, and it makes me wonder if the game will accept a negate value for TSFCM. IFyou could set up a subsystem with a negative specific fuel consumption and IFyou could toggle it on and off, you could create this effect.

It will be interesting to try and reverse engineer.

That was my thoguht as well, the point are the IF in your post..

Thanks Brainless for defending us. I was not attacking YAP nor I ever did. My point was, do they have some source code access, which would be a novelty since TK hasn't released any source code yet, that I know of, or it s just an .ini genius edit?

Well I guess you guys won't be happy until you find out how it's done and whether you can reproduce this yourselves and so far as I can see there's no harm in that so long as we respect YAP's work and don't use any of their work or try to copy it there will be no problem. I'm sure you will all respect this.

BTW for the avoidance of doubt I do not have any association directly with YAP other than buying their work and what they do is entirely their prerogative. I say these things as a matter of respect and nothing more.

At first glance, you can use negative values for TSFCM and fuel flow and it will cause you not to consume any fuel. Does not lead to an increase in total fuel, though. The trick might not be down that path (or it might...needs to be tinkered with).

I would love to know, as it is the missing ingredient in my much sought after ICT.

Engine shut-down, check.

Re-arm, check, though a weight on wheels switch would be nice.

Running on empty, unfortunately, also a check...

EXPOSED! :biggrin:

So what you need to do is edit the engine section your aircraft data INI:

TSFCM0=0.725

TSFCM1=1.175

AfterburnerTSFC=-1.900 <-- Make this a negative value

MinFuelFlow=-2.00 <-- Make this a large negative number

When you do this you'll see normal fuel usage until you engage AB, and then you'll see yourself gaining fuel.

I think with a little elbow grease you could set up a dummy engine with no thrust, and configure the throttle settings so that it engaged AB at a specific RPM (say, 57% or some other number that you are unlikely to cruise at). Then any time you set your throttle to 57% it would be as though you are refueling. There may be other, better ways to implement turning the "feature" on or off but I'll leave that to someone else to figure out.

So yeah...not the second coming or anything but a nifty trick that some might enjoy.

C5,

Could you implement such a engine but use another input to control it's 'RPM'? That way, you could make it a 'push button' setup...

FastCargo

C5,

Could you implement such a engine but use another input to control it's 'RPM'? That way, you could make it a 'push button' setup...

FastCargo

Not sure really...I've never tried it...but...

[Engine]

SystemType=JET_ENGINE

InputName=THROTTLE_CONTROL <-- Maybe this can be changed to something else (possibly THRUST_VECTOR_CONTROL?)

EngineID=2

Not sure really...I've never tried it...but...

[Engine]

SystemType=JET_ENGINE

InputName=THROTTLE_CONTROL <-- Maybe this can be changed to something else (possibly THRUST_VECTOR_CONTROL?)

EngineID=2

For that situation, the TVC would work really well...you could even control the rate you 'get' fuel and not affect anything else.

Heck, you wouldn't even need WoI for it to work.

The only aircraft you wouldn't want to try this method on would be any with TVC (Harrier, etc).

I must admit, a clever method indeed.

FastCargo