Sign in to follow this  

WOI - Mainscreen

Alternative mainscreen for Wings over Israel

(includes template)

TO INSTALL MAINSCREEN

(1) extract all files

(2) copy the files in the \MENU folder to the \MENU folder in your Wings over Israel folder

TEMPLATE

The \TEMPLATE folder contains the file named mainscreen_template.png, which you can use to make your own mainscreens compatible with the .INI file in this package. This allows you to change the main image easily. Open the .png file in a image editing program capable of using layers and simply place your image in a layer below the .png image. It will show through the transparent centre area. Also included is a .png file with the WOI logo used in the file.

© 2008, Kout

These files are made available under the Creative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 1.0 license

(Please visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/ for details.)

This basically means you are allowed to modify and redistribute these files, but that you should (1) give fair credit (2) distribute work based on these files under the same conditions as I did and you may not(3) use these files or works based on them for commercial purposes.

Beautiful work, Kout.

Heck

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Soo much better!

Loved your new WOI main screen so thought that I would try and make a new mainscreen for WOV using your template as the existing one is looking somewhat dated unfortunately WOV seems to use a different DLL based menu format any ideas of how I can change it to look similar to the new WOI screen?

post-27199-1204730559_thumb.jpg

Edited by lazboy

Loved your new WOI main screen so thought that I would try and make a new mainscreen for WOV using your template as the existing one is looking somewhat dated unfortunately WOV seems to use a different DLL based menu format any ideas of how I can change it to look similar to the new WOI screen?

Sweet new pic for WoV. Gunfighter on the prowl........

I'm afraid I don't understand the issue (as I also tried this in SF:P1), but I noticed that you resized the image, which isn't going to work without editing menusystem.ini (extract from menudata.cat) and moving the hotspots.

IN MENUSYSTEM.INI:

[MenuSystem]

StartMenu=MainScreen

Width=1024 <-- CHANGE THIS TO MATCH YOUR RESOLUTION

Height=768 <-- CHANGE THIS TO MATCH YOUR RESOLUTION

ColorDepth=16

TextFilename=MenuText.str

TimeDateTextFilename=TimeDate.str

MenuDataFilename=

FadeTime=0.25

WaitMouseCursor=WaitAnimation

I'm afraid I don't understand the issue (as I also tried this in SF:P1), but I noticed that you resized the image, which isn't going to work without editing menusystem.ini (extract from menudata.cat) and moving the hotspots.

I have changed the image size back to its original dimensions and placed it in the menu folder of WOV but when I run the game I only get a black screen on which the hot keys do work but the background image does not appear, any clues as to what I have done wrong?

Lazboy

mainscreen_template.bmp

Edited by lazboy

I have changed the image size back to its original dimensions and placed it in the menu folder of WOV but when I run the game I only get a black screen on which the hot keys do work but the background image does not appear, any clues as to what I have done wrong?

Lazboy

Possible solution:

Rename the file to mainscreen.bmp and make sure you saved it as a 24bit bitmap image.

Possible solution:

Rename the file to mainscreen.bmp and make sure you saved it as a 24bit bitmap image.

Thanks that did the trick it now installs and works perfectly and looks fabulous far better than the stock WOV screen even if I say so myself.

mainscreen.bmp

Laz, where is this Crusader image and the background from?