Sign in to follow this  
SidDogg

How many Aces are on YOUR WoI roster?

Took a while, but these are mine for now :biggrin:

Only me with 105 kills :rolleyes: I wasn't going to let some big-show Colonel get MY kills!

cough----hhhhhaaaah! :biggrin:

[oh dat's jus Attrition War so u kno i'm not done yet rite? ^_^]

only reason i jus have 84 is cuz i'm always trying to get my wingmen to get the kills.... :ok:

...but for some reason, for all the enemy's aggresiveness.....

my wingmen simply will not show themselves to be very competent at all..... :dntknw:

Edited by SidDogg

my wingmen simply will not show themselves to be very competent at all..... :dntknw:

Yeah I've noticed that. When I do let them get kills it takes a while and is almost never by 1-3.

I have the most success when I tail an enemy then tell my wingmen to attack. They usually show up and take care of the guy Im tailing and also nearly coliding with me or hiting me with their missle or canon fire. I have a hard time keeping my pilots let alone whether or not they become aces.

Well, the AI has definitely improved, but only the enemy's.

I have lost a good many in my squadron in my 1st 3 campaign attempts. Not only are they better, but they really swarm now.

Some may have asked for improved AI, well, we got it.

I had 3 aces in my latest Phantom `73 campaign, but lost `em both in the last mission, a real meat grinder. I was lucky to have escaped....

Sure, I've noticed too that the wingmen remain weak. I'vn't got any aces yet, except in 1982. They always get shoot down in other campaigns.

True.... :ok:

...However, I do notice that kill probability goes up dramatically with more modern weapons..... :good:

...Seems they would rather rely on their weapons rather then their skills..... :dntknw:

Well, the AI has definitely improved, but only the enemy's.

I have lost a good many in my squadron in my 1st 3 campaign attempts. Not only are they better, but they really swarm now.

Some may have asked for improved AI, well, we got it.

I had 3 aces in my latest Phantom `73 campaign, but lost `em both in the last mission, a real meat grinder. I was lucky to have escaped....

Rgr that. I'm runnin multiple campaigns but the result is the same, my pilots are getting their buttocks ripped to ribbons AKA; KIA,MIA,POW. I did have two aces but on the very next mission(SEAD) They were lost. I wish they would at least TRY to avoid getting hosed. sigh!

That and the fact that even though they bailed over friendly territory, WAY inside, and they are POW.

Did they drag their `chutes across the desert looking for an Arab to throw their hands up to?

I gotta track down the wounded/KIA/POW algorithm and see if I can tighten it up. I am down to 5 pilots in my `73 campaign, looks like I may be lone wolfing before too long...

That and the fact that even though they bailed over friendly territory, WAY inside, and they are POW.

Yeah. And that's true for the player too. I hope it will be fixed soon.

I am down to 5 pilots in my `73 campaign, looks like I may be lone wolfing before too long...

Luxury :drag: My F-4 squadron is already down to 3 there. On the bright side I don't see any static planes on Arab airfieds either which in theory means they are pretty low on supply too.

Excuse me, but what does this mean: "while and is almost never by 1-3" ?

It is never by the number 3 guy in the first flight :rolleyes:

It is never by the number 3 guy in the first flight :rolleyes:

yeh. :blink:

apparently, when i target the bandits and they are BELOW us, these idiots suddenly decide to go near vertical, instead attempting to convert on the target in a more straightforward fashion..... :dntknw:

...it gets to the point where my wingman will get close to the target for a guns tracking solution, and then he pulls up so hard that he loses sight of the target..... :dntknw: