Hey just thought I would say hey I just signed up. I am a modeller, a low to medium skilled one and I would like to learn and build planes for Strike fighters. I have an A-3 Skywarrior that is roughly built. Any one got any tips?. I love every thing people have done for this sim, it is great if only I could afford that faster computer :x maybe one day. Thanks

BigJohn

Welcome, Big John!

I am not a modeler, but one who appreciate the efforts of those who are!

You will like the group here. We are all very interested in making SFP1 better, and better.

Bring on the "Sky Whale"!

I have to tell you that when an A-3D (All Three Dead) would come in for a landing on a carrier; everyone would head for the catwalks!

Navychief

Guest Ranger332

Well hello your will find the your skills are very welcome here :) again welcome

Guest MrMudd

Outstanding!

Big John it is nice to see another Strike fighters fan with design skills. joining the site. Looking forward to your work.

Nice selection for an Addon.

Guest Sony Tuckson

this "whale" looks nice

for sfp1, you should bring her into 3dsmax and then export it with a dll exporter avbl for all

the LOD will be the 3d model used by the game

ask questions, you will get plenty of answers, this A-3 is something we need

Thanks, I have imported it into the game but it does not look to good, every thing is see through. Some questions, the ini files how do you write them?, any tutorials on model heiracy (parts linking to each other) example fuselage to nose etc. I also need some good pictures of the landing gear, cockpit and bombay. A better 3-view picture would all so be great. Thanks for the complements.

Big John Over and Out

Guest Sony Tuckson

3d modelling is really not my part

as for the ini, use one avbl from another plane and adapt to suit your model....FM tweaking will occur later

transparency must be from the 3d model you built..