Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Aircraft with Automatic weapon bay doors in ThirdWire sims?! UNBELIEVABLE!

Hi Everyone,

I've recently downloaded Zurawski's F/A-37 Talon for WOE and to my surprise it's got visually animated automatic weapon bay doors.....

Is it possible to incorporate this feature in other jets with weapon bays, i.e., the F-22, F-23 & the F-19?

I tried doing the same with the F-22, by changing the Automatic Bay Door fields to 'TRUE' in the

F-22_Data.ini, the weapons launch without me having to manually open the bay but they fire from the jet intakes!!!!...I inadvertently killed the bay door animation in the process......

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks

Cheers!

P.S. Sorry if i'm in violation of any copyright... I just noticed the Talon's automatic bay doors & was wondering whether this could be incorporated in other aircraft with weapon bays....

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Hi Everyone,

I've recently downloaded Zurawski's F/A-37 Talon for WOE and to my surprise it's got visually animated automatic weapon bay doors.....

Is it possible to incorporate this feature in other jets with weapon bays, i.e., the F-22, F-23 & the F-19?

I tried doing the same with the F-22, by changing the Automatic Bay Door fields to 'TRUE' in the

F-22_Data.ini, the weapons launch without me having to manually open the bay but they fire from the jet intakes!!!!...I inadvertently killed the bay door animation in the process......

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks

Cheers!

P.S. Sorry if i'm in violation of any copyright... I just noticed the Talon's automatic bay doors & was wondering whether this could be incorporated in other aircraft with weapon bays....

Take a look at the F-22 FAQ sticky at the top of this forum.

Take a look at the F-22 FAQ sticky at the top of this forum.

I did... thanks... I downloaded the Talon only yesterday even though it was releasesd much earlier than the F-22.... I was surprised to see its automatic weapon bay doors....

And besides, Before downloading the Talon I thought that since the Thirdwire Series of sims were designed as sims for earlier aircraft from the '60s to the '70s (some with manual bay doors); I was under the impression that it wasn't possible to have aircraft with automatic weapon bays in the ThirdWire series until I saw the Talon...

PLEASE PARDON MY IGNORANCE..........

Edited by Tomcat_ace