Sign in to follow this  
gbreuder

B-52 & B-47 Waterinjection

B-52 & B-47 Waterinjection

- New exhaust emmitters and a water injection feature for the B-52s and B-47.

The power settings on the engines have been adjusted to reflect the extra thrust

gained from employing it.

- New sounds, featuring an actual B-52 taking off with water injection.

- New lights and "Pride of the Adirondacks" decals for B-47

- New lights code that can be added for the B-52G.

- B-52s spaced out on the taxiways so they're not hanging over one another.

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=6166

File Name: B-52 & B-47 Waterinjection

File Submitter: gbreuder

File Submitted: 5 Mar 2008

File Category: Add-On Aircraft

File Version: No Information

- New exhaust emmitters and a water injection feature for the B-52s and B-47.

The power settings on the engines have been adjusted to reflect the extra thrust

gained from employing it.

- New sounds, featuring an actual B-52 taking off with water injection.

- New lights and "Pride of the Adirondacks" decals for B-47

- New lights code that can be added for the B-52G.

- B-52s spaced out on the taxiways so they're not hanging over one another.

Click here to download this file

Remember that the B-52H model was the only one that was not a 'water-wagon'. This would be a nice mod for the KC-135 which were just as good at turning a field IFR during a MITO (Minimum Interval Take Off) as any bomber.

Does anyone else get a a more purple smoke output rather than the black soot that the water assisted takeoff produced? Is there some setting I could tweak to make it look blacker? I'm getting the squares too.

Great mod and I hope I don't sound like I am complaining, I would just love to see the place blacked out like it should be. Brings back memories of sooty skies and burning kerosene!

Edited by Jug

Remember that the B-52H model was the only one that was not a 'water-wagon'. This would be a nice mod for the KC-135 which were just as good at turning a field IFR during a MITO (Minimum Interval Take Off) as any bomber.

Does anyone else get a a more purple smoke output rather than the black soot that the water assisted takeoff produced? Is there some setting I could tweak to make it look blacker? I'm getting the squares too.

Great mod and I hope I don't sound like I am complaining, I would just love to see the place blacked out like it should be. Brings back memories of sooty skies and burning kerosene!

Do you have CA Stary's "hollywood" explosion/effects mod in? I think thats your culprit.

This is pretty cool mod. However, i remember having dsmoke2 tga in the effects folder but, for some reason, it's not there any more. I've got all CA's enhancements installed. For the time being i'm using smoke1 tga for the water injection but if anyone could give me an idea, where to get the missing tga, it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have CA Stary's "hollywood" explosion/effects mod in? I think thats your culprit.

I do indeed. What's the fix, remove the entire effects package?

Sorry about that guys, looks like you were right on top of things. I must have forgotten to include my TGAs in the Effects folder. So, I'll try to post them under the downloads section now. I've done 4 different versions, so you can pick the ones you like. Or you can always use a Photoshop program to change the color, contrast, etc... to get the effect you want. Similarly, you can always tinker with the values in the emmitters if you want more or less smoke.

If you have the KC-135 you should be able to easily add this feature to it as well.

Thanks again for pointing out my oversight! :good: Cheers!

Screenshot_1.BMP