Sign in to follow this  

ok i may have missed it if this was brought up but how can i install the 06jul?? weps pack in WoI i couldn't find a browes option so i could tell it to install there...... help plz

Mirage Factory is making one. So stay tuned.

You need to run the 06 Jul weps pack through the new wep editor to get it to work in WOI though.

It's no sweat to get it working....

I put the new weapons editor into it's own folder withing WoI. Then, I just opened it up, and selected just any old thing, did the usual 'open, look at, save' ini dance, and it seems to be working fine. I also finally thinned it down by removing all the intert weapons.

Wrench

kevin stein

What I did Kevin was take the last MF weps pack, installed it, the added weps from Buny's and wpnssgt's July 06 weps pack. I too removed all the inert and the 6,242 rocket pods. Then when I was done with that I added a ton of Fast Cargo's weapons. So I got a new pack from the ground up that I run through WOI. Now that WOI copy is basically everything I have from WOE ported over to its own WOI install. Thus a poor mans patch 5. But I have all the terrains form SF/WOV/WOE in it and all seem to be working fine.

The Mirage Factory WOI weps will be (as if it wasn't obvious is) geared toward that particular conflict. We have been testing it and have gotten some great results. I made another copy of that weps pack for a WOI pure install, added s few weps from the Jul06 pack and I mean just a few to get the Pasko's ground objects to work. Then to that I added some of FC weps as well. So some food for thought when that weps pack is released.

What about some of the 'odd ball' weapons, in particular those for the 1948-1963 time frame? Like the US WW2 stuff for the earily IDF, 60lb rockets for Egypt, etc. Nationalized stuff for both Isreal and the Arab Nations.

I'm sure Oliver & Co dosen't need my help, but I'd really reccomend they be added. For all those early birds and such. :good:

I've got one install, using the TMF Pak, with the added stuff from buny's/Wpnsgt...probably missed a few little things, but it work super.

I think from now on, the TMF pak might be the way to go for post-WW2 installs.

Wrench

kevin stein

What about some of the 'odd ball' weapons, in particular those for the 1948-1963 time frame? Like the US WW2 stuff for the earily IDF, 60lb rockets for Egypt, etc. Nationalized stuff for both Isreal and the Arab Nations.

I'm sure Oliver & Co dosen't need my help, but I'd really reccomend they be added. For all those early birds and such. :good:

I've got one install, using the TMF Pak, with the added stuff from buny's/Wpnsgt...probably missed a few little things, but it work super.

I think from now on, the TMF pak might be the way to go for post-WW2 installs.

Wrench

kevin stein

Well TMF is not using that format that Bunyap does. All their aircraft use the Soviet/WP that comes with the sims. Also I think we are sticking with the post WWII installs. Maybe you could make a WWII add on for it? At the time Buny and wpnssgt explained it to me, it made sense for using WP to make country unique aircraft. But in the end its a lot of work and hard for newbies to understand. This way I think is better for all. Your thoughts?

Already being done...the "WoI Mods using TMF WepPak Forum" in the KB :ok:

Actually, I've been using the old/new TMF format for those weapons I've been adding/updated for WoI. WP for all the Arab states, NATO, USAF, FRANCE for the IDF. It IS much more simplified and easier in the long run. Although, I have been using EGYPT or which ever nation is availbe for NationName=. AttachmentType= it still WP (sometime Soviet, depending)

Wrench

kevin stein

The Mirage Factory WOI weps will be (as if it wasn't obvious is) geared toward that particular conflict. We have been testing it and have gotten some great results.

and it does work GREAT!!!

very nice, auto install and a very good addition. Should be mod #1.

I'd like to try out your merged, cleaned up weapons ini file. I've still got a lot of duplicates and inert stuff that I clean out bit by bit.....

Edited by Typhoid

Already being done...the "WoI Mods using TMF WepPak Forum" in the KB :ok:

Actually, I've been using the old/new TMF format for those weapons I've been adding/updated for WoI. WP for all the Arab states, NATO, USAF, FRANCE for the IDF. It IS much more simplified and easier in the long run. Although, I have been using EGYPT or which ever nation is availbe for NationName=. AttachmentType= it still WP (sometime Soviet, depending)

Wrench

kevin stein

Well once that pack is released maybe we can combine forces on this to get the Arab nations in there.

I'm game!!

The WW2-style weapons amount to a total of 6-8 objects. Not very much, 3 bombs, 2 drop tanks (well, 3 if you want to use the Me-109s correct tank), 2 kinds of rockets (60# for IDF, another for EAF). Other than the more modern stuff.

Everything eles is left alone. Althought I do miss the JL100 rocketpod/tank on the Mirage 3CJ.... :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Well once that pack is released maybe we can combine forces on this to get the Arab nations in there.

We need to be very careful about how that is handled, if at all.

Agreed, just trying to find a standardization for the early WOI idea.

Don, could you clarify that??? That sounds worrisome!!! (or just my paranoia showing!) :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: if it's a 'secret' thing, respond via PM -- dont want to uncover secrets that the masses shouldn't see yet

So just to clarify, if I've been using the MF weapons pack in WOI and adding individual weapons from Buny's pack, I should now delete my weapons folder and install the WOI weapons pack?

"Maintain present course and speed"

That's what I been doing, or adding individual weapons from individual aircraft, as needed. haven't had any problems so far.

Wrench

kevin stein

Gotcha.

BTW the AA-6, 10, 11 and 12 series of Sov AAMs don't appear to be in the pack. If you want Mig 25s and 29s and Su 27s to have the correct armament your going to have to bring them in yourself.