Sign in to follow this  

Guest Bounder

will try this been using the old one, and had np.

Now this is a real good FM. Very nice indeed.

Pretty girl... The only one so far I fly by instruments

The world as seen from 20 000m

post-21726-1204888199_thumb.jpg

But it's not fool proof :blink: I mean I broke it :blush:

As I was approaching home base a flight of Frescos going in its direction was reported, so instead of gliding down I climbed to avoid them. Then they were gone and tried a steep dive. A bit too steep... and pulled a bit too hard. Forgot that FE:EP brought us stress damage...

post-21726-1204888236_thumb.jpg

Are damage textures planned? :wink:

Keep an eye on those pesky Egyptians.

This is the U-2A with updates for WOI. All feedback is appreciated.

http://www.column5.us/beta/U-2A.7z

The U-2C was the model I flew and the only difference was the shape of the air intakes to accomodate the compressor design for more powerful engines and the fuel slipper tanks on the wings. The last version of the C was powered by the Pratt and Whitney J-75 (same engine as in the F-105 and F-106). With a max gross weight of around 22,000 lbs, she climbed like a banshee (~ 10 minutes from a dead stop to above 21000 m). The later R model was a much larger aircraft (~40,000 lbs) and was more sluggish in the climb until the S model re-engined the bird in the late 90's and boosted its climb rate and top end altitude. If the FM is right, the aircraft is limited to 1.2 Gs and vital things (wings, empanage, etc.) start to come off if that limit is exceeded.

Love it if you could look at the minor changes from the A to the C.

I have been looking for a U-2 for the longest :yahoo: ! Column, you're awesome! Ugh, if only I didn't have a 12hr shift today.

I like it. Climbs are fun. I was going to ask if there was going to be a U-2 FM upgrade today.

Here is an updated data INI with the lower Max g and structural factor. I have not had a chance to test so let me know if horsing around with it causes catastrophic structural failure at suitably low g. :diablo:

http://www.column5.us/beta/U-2_DATA.INI

I'll also work up a C variant with the more powerful engine.

Here is an updated data INI with the lower Max g and structural factor. I have not had a chance to test so let me know if horsing around with it causes catastrophic structural failure at suitably low g. :diablo:

http://www.column5.us/beta/U-2_DATA.INI

I'll also work up a C variant with the more powerful engine.

You da man! Forgot to add the fuselage spine equipment hump that runs from the rear of the cockpit area to the rudder as another visual difference between the A and C models. There is a nice picture of a C model from my interview that shows the intakes and the hump clearly.

Edited by Jug

I like it. Climbs are fun. I was going to ask if there was going to be a U-2 FM upgrade today.

You're right...climbing with this baby is loads of fun! I was ingressing toward an enemy airbase when all of a sudden a smoke trail zoomed passed the cockpit. I looked over my left shoulder and saw another SAM tracking me, so I pulled on the stick and the plane effortlessly climbed up to 35k. I successfully evaded the SAM but about 20 secs later I was smoked by another SAM I didn't even know was there. Fun stuff I tellz ya, fun stuff!