Sign in to follow this  
Tailspin

Any cigar smokers out there?

I'm pretty new, and a late commer I guess, to the "premium" cigar crowd. I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone here smokes stogies and what your favorites are. Also, if you have a favorite drink to accompany your favorite cigar. I guess right now mine is the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut.

BTW....I bought one of those "Premium Samplers" from an online company with 16 highly ranked cigars (Rocky Patel, CAO, Cusano, Camacho, Macanudo, etc) and I like most of them but I'm not into smoking expensive cigars on a daily basis. With that in mind I'd like to hear some recommendations for a "cheap" , <$2 cigar too. :good:

May not be premium, but I always have a Macanudo whenever I golf. I had a cuban one time while visiting Mexico (cigar that is). I was quite disappointed. I can only say smoking a lampshade would have had better taste. It di keep the skeeters away though.

oh, I love a good long fill. I smoke Fonseca cosacos on a regular basis, Fonseca No1's on occasion, and the odd cohiba

edit: (all the cohibas I've had were gift's :biggrin: )

Edited by littlesmoke

oh, I love a good long fill.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually though guys, I really can't think of anything more off-putting than cigar smoke. Yuk. I can stand normal cigarette smoke even though I'm a non smoker, hell I don't even complain about it, but cigars... :stink:

I like Cohibas and Macunados once in awhile. Once i had dipped my cigar in some Hennessy(not so sure on the spelling.) and then smoked it, it was good just as if the smoke was filtered from the alcohol.

On my last vacation I went to Cuba!!! :biggrin:

I there learned to appreciate some goooooooooooood cigars,

of which I like the Churchills most. It is a HUGE

cigar and looks almost intimidating, and it is costly,

but it is a hell of an experience! I went to the Romeo Y Julietta

factory and have seen them made, which gives it a little

more sentimental value. Luckily I live here (Holland) so the cigars

are easy (although expensive) to acquire. :good:

Cheers!

Muesli

PS: smoke 'em if ya got 'em! :yes:

Edited by muesli

The ultimate cigar man......

Or Colombo

What a good post! Yup I smoke cigars on occasion here as well. I like cuban vanilla delights

from Victor Sinclair. Got one of those neat cigar clippers and used to have a really good humidor

until someone broke the darned thing.

Cheers

Long live HAVANA!!! (the cigars, what did you think :rofl: ) :tongue:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually though guys, I really can't think of anything more off-putting than cigar smoke. Yuk. I can stand normal cigarette smoke even though I'm a non smoker, hell I don't even complain about it, but cigars... :stink:

You've broken the code there, girl. Most guys smoke cigars to run off the insects when they are playing golf and to run off the women in the poker room. No offense, it is what it is.

I like Cohibas and Macunados once in awhile. Once i had dipped my cigar in some Hennessy(not so sure on the spelling.) and then smoked it, it was good just as if the smoke was filtered from the alcohol.

I know what you mean!!! I used to smoke AL CAPONE SWEETS (Cigarillos) on a a daily basis.... :biggrin:

Now with the restrict smoking laws here,im trying to quit....but sure miss that taste after the cofee... :sorry:

As for cigars, "real" cubans were always my favs. Cohiba, Montecristo, Bolivar...

I like the Churchills most. It is a HUGE

cigar and looks almost intimidating, and it is costly,

but it is a hell of an experience!

Well believe it or not my son (he's a good lad and loves his pa) bought me two Churchills for xmas but I did'nt smoke them until last week. I smoked one straight out about 90 minutes worth and the other I cut up and smoked in threee pieces over three nights in a pipe. Really nice. I know most cigar lovers would be horrified to know I had 'butchered' a fine cigar like this but I stretched it out to three smokes over three nights and it didn't seem to effect the flavour one bit..O.K so its Brainless but it works!

BTW I thought cubans were banned in the US. Is this still the case?

Yep. Real cubans are illegal in the US. What we get here are "cuban seed" varieties produced in various Central and South American countries. I suppose the Cuban makers license their names to these companies. I find sitting down with a decent cigar and a cup of coffee and Baileys (or Kahlua) a good way to unwind.

I occasionally smoke a cigar when golfing, but I have gotten quite into smking a pipe. Some Peterson's and a Balvenie single malt with a splash and I'm in heaven.

Well believe it or not my son (he's a good lad and loves his pa) bought me two Churchills for xmas but I did'nt smoke them until last week. I smoked one straight out about 90 minutes worth and the other I cut up and smoked in threee pieces over three nights in a pipe. Really nice. I know most cigar lovers would be horrified to know I had 'butchered' a fine cigar like this but I stretched it out to three smokes over three nights and it didn't seem to effect the flavour one bit..O.K so its Brainless but it works!

BTW I thought cubans were banned in the US. Is this still the case?

That might be possible, but I'm not from the USA so I am not bothered with this!

(It ain't much if it ain't Dutch!!!)

The technical rule from what I understand is that you cannot SELL Cuban cigars in the US. Cigars for your own personal use are just fine in small quantities.

FastCargo