Well thanks to AmokFloo, with his help it may be implemented in the series.... hopefully since Marcfighter's issues and I'd like to see one, so I asked him to see what he could do, and this is what he did by reducing it to a more decent poly size. ETA so far is "two weeks" so whenever he gets it done, It'd be nice:

post-5735-1205040072_thumb.jpg

Cool.

Cool...we'll see ya when we see ya...:)

FastCargo

Thanks... but just to keep things legal...

Re: F/A-18F model

Sent:Thu 4/05/07 11:36 AM

To: Eric Johnson

Eric, As long as the model is converted into a proprietary format, encrypted, or is merged into a some sort of binary executable game file, it would be fine. What we don't want is the model and textures distributed with the sim in a common/commercial 3d format that would allow it to be separated and then re-distributed as a stand-alone commercial 3d model. Let me know if I can be of further assistance! Marv MaysOwner / Lead ArtistMesh Factorymm@meshfactory.com1605 Terrawenda DriveDefiance, OH 43512USAfax: 561.431.2648

Unfortunately I wish I was that good, but this is when I was trying to get it in LOMAC, but as it stands it's AFAIK good.

We need this in our sim! This sim is damn better than ATF .. just the quickmission builder is a pain in a the A$$.

Cool model!

Actually I try not to admit ever playing ATF, but I did..... and don't look upon it as fun times..... was okay due to the variety... but that's about it.

Then again, The SF series would benefit from an in-game mission builder rather than a seperate utility. While the utility is pretty cool, it's better incorporated into the sim, along with an Encylopedia too :smile:

But back on my topic, slight update from AmokFloo, seems the doors aren't sized right, as he found out when mucking with the gear area... more to follow..

Well so far AmokFloo has gotten the gear area redone, and hopefully next week I should be getting it texture mapped. Failing that I may ask somebody but if there are any volunteers...?

Well so far AmokFloo has gotten the gear area redone, and hopefully next week I should be getting it texture mapped. Failing that I may ask somebody but if there are any volunteers...?

Oh I know a couple guys who would probably skin it for you.

Yeah but not so much skinning, it's getting the model applied with a map. Right now AmokFloo is of course busy as he is, and he said that for me to get it complete, he can get it into the game, but for the rest, it'd take months, and as you know I'm running out of that..

Yeah but not so much skinning, it's getting the model applied with a map. Right now AmokFloo is of course busy as he is, and he said that for me to get it complete, he can get it into the game, but for the rest, it'd take months, and as you know I'm running out of that..

If Amok can get it fully operational in the game, I will get someone to map it. I will see if my "contact" can help.

Sure thing, much appreciated! :smile:

Really nice! Awesome! :rockon:

Now we just need a modder to do the Rafale!

Due to AmokFloo having some real life issues, he's managed to only work on it... and here's a (very) short clip showing the generic animations. With a few reference shots, he's beginning to work on the airbrakes.

FA_18EGEAR.rar

I just wanted to say that I look forward to its release.

Also, skin templates would be nice. :biggrin:

Looking GREAT!! :good:

I've already got one idea for a ficticious "E" skin

Well... I'm only concentrating on the F version, as that's the only model I have and tha's what he's playing with..

And yeah, skin templates, at the basic level will be available.

From what I've seen of them, the "E" and "F" skins for the most part are the same.

I've got a boatload of decal sheets standing by!

anyone thinkin....Israeli skin???....ehh don't mind the madman behind the curtin

:biggrin: EricJ and Amokfloo... you guys ROCK! This will be a nice addition. Will this F/A-18F be for WOI or WOE or ALL the Third Wire product?

It would be nice if in the VERY NEAR FUTURE there will be Mirage 2000-5 MKII, Mirage F-1CT, and Rafale to be made. I wish I can help but I am still learnig about aircraft add-on and the basic of making AI airplane fly...

Keep up the excellent work!

:ok: