Sign in to follow this  
skyline

How to master Wings Over Europe?

I'm a newbie come to air combat sim. Now i'm playing Wings Over Europe and play in easy mode with normal AI, i always win. But i want go to normal then hard mode. Anyone who have experience about this game, can tell me advice to step by step i can go to master? I'm living in Vietnam, there is no one play this game. Thanks! Sorry about my English.

There is no better way than jump in the cold water. Done it myself with setting everything to hard from the beginning! The same in il2, all settings to realism...

For sure the best way!

There is no better way than jump in the cold water. Done it myself with setting everything to hard from the beginning! The same in il2, all settings to realism...

For sure the best way!

Agree with you black bird :good:

that's the best way

Also try searching old threads for tactics and tips of how to play the game.

I'm new to the sim myself and the advice the guys above posted are all good! Jump in and learn! In 3 days only I learned a lot.

Reading the manual, although not very technical, really helps too. Having some basic knowledge of G force, corner speed, turn rate and such is good and help a lot too.

Something I realized just last night when I tried older planes for the first time is, they are a lot more difficult to fly and fight with (obviously...) than say, the F-15.

I'm currently learning to fight with the F-4 and ... hum, I have some difficulties. The radar is not as efficient and I have a hard time getting visuals on targets.

So I would try the F-15 first if I were you, to get the feel of the game... then move to the dinosaurs :P

5 out of 6 times in the F-4, I blow up without knowing what hit me (I should start listening to the damn radio, constantly shouting "you got a bandit on your six"... ;) )

Doing a lot of free flight will help a lot too... Learning to fight in a jet is one thing, if you don't know how to fly it, you'll never be good at fighting (my opinion...)

I love WoE, it's lite, doesn't require reading 2 bricks and knowing about every single switch in a cockpit (and highly modable, mods are great :D)...

Cheers!

5 out of 6 times in the F-4, I blow up without knowing what hit me (I should start listening to the damn radio, constantly shouting "you got a bandit on your six"... ;) )

Cheers!

Ignore "SAM Launch" and "He's on your six" at your peril - although saying that you dont always get these warnings so you need to use your eyes.

I'm still new to the sim so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be accurate or work at all, but when using the radio and asking for "Vectore to nearest threat", how come I'm answered that there's no bandit in the area, but there's actually a bunch of enemy all around?

For avoiding sams during bombing runs I suggest flying low and under the radar. Works for me, the sams can't pick me up. Now AAA will still be a problem.

Remember, the MiG-17 will out do everything including the F-15A.

The Shilka is also very, very aggressive. I've been killed 56 times to them flying low.

We had here a voice pack wich configure the radio like "one SAM launched" and so on .. so you know probably when it`S launched at you!

The best way is to fly online, flight against flight.. had this evening a nice event with il2 30 vs 30 over Japan 1944. I`m a member of the 76.IAP we fly with teamspeak and full real settings with only 1 life per event... You need tactic, strategie and discipline to survive!

I'm still new to the sim so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be accurate or work at all, but when using the radio and asking for "Vectore to nearest threat", how come I'm answered that there's no bandit in the area, but there's actually a bunch of enemy all around?

Dont rely on the radar woman - she will only see things picked up by other fighters and your jets radar. I wouldnt expect a radar of that era to be good enough to distinguish every jet anyway - especially a picket ship like red crown that cant see through mountains. AWACs radio functionality is not modelled by default - and the Migs are good at sneaking up on you!

I think the detect range of each plane can actually be increased meaning more are picked up - though you would need to search some threads to see how that was done.

Edited by CoolHand29