Sign in to follow this  
p10ppy

Screen Shot of the Month, any rules?

wondering if you mind other iterations of TK's game? (FE)

and how much of a screenshot does it have to be?

Heavy manipulation ok?

thanks

We are going to do this by month. Then the staff will pick the best screen shot of the month and turn into next months calender. As always one screen shot per day, per person. Also keep the comments down to a minimum so we can keep this about screen shots, and not 2 pages of just comments. Also please do not reply with a screen shot in your post. If you have a question about a screen shot, PM that person. We are currently judging February's. Have fun.

Any of TK's sims . Yes

Why don't we make themes for screenshot of the month? This way we'd have some idea what to enter, and I don't think it'd stunt anybody's creativity. It also might make it a bit easier for the admins to choose the winner.

For example, one month could be "Bombers", then the next month "fighters", then "Helicopters" and so on. Or even more specific themes like "F-4 and variants" or "Custom pait jobs" or "action shots".

Just throwing this out there...

I kind of like the idea, gets the creative juices flowing not being a free-for all.

Yeah, I like it quite a bit...

:good:

Themed screenshots sounds ok (creative) to me :good:

It is, however who has WoI? who has FE? Who has all? Who doesn't? I think that's what it's going to boil down to in the long run. Not everybody will have what's required per theme. In lieu of what Rambler 1-1 posted, it's pretty much what the Screenshot thread is about, given nothing of the sort of a "theme" we all try to show custom skins, action shots, etc. Besides if the community were larger, maybe, but on average only a few people post shots anyways, so it wouldn't do any good IMHO.

Can we keep out the payware though? That gives people an unfair advantage. :dntknw:

Can we keep out the payware though? That gives people an unfair advantage. :dntknw:

Definitely not! And for the same reasons Flanker562 alluded to. The playing field is already not level, and any leveling we attempt to do will be unfair to somebody.

Think about it. What if Amokfloo (as an example) decides to take screenshots of his stuff he hasn't released yet in action. Or me? Or a hundred other modders? Is that a unfair advantage?

Screenshots are not about the latest or prettiest toys. They are about creating a mood...turning binary into art.

Notice the first screenshot of the month winner consisted entirely of freeware that everyone already had at the time. Anyone could have done that shot...but only one person did.

We took absolutely nothing into account when we voted other than what we thought looked 'cool'.

The only thing I MIGHT consider is unretouched screenies...and even that's a maybe...

FastCargo

The thing with edited screenshots is how far people are going to go with them. I mean stuff like the great work Decues creates can be highly altered and in cases look quite different to what would be possible within the native realms of the sim. Perhaps edited and non-edited categories could be used if there is enough demand?

Edited by JimmyBib

We can do edited and non edited categories. In fact it shall be done. However any screen shot whether it be freeware or payware is game.