Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

GermanyCE Terrain Tiles REPAINT v1.0

GermanyCE Terrain Tiles REPAINT v1.0

*****GermanyCE Terrain Tiles REPAINT v1.0*****

by Brain32

Terrain objects, trees and houses by CA_Stary

1.Requirements - Wings Over Europe are required in order for this mod to work!!!

2. Installation.

Un-ZiP "GermanyCE" folder into terrain folder(X:\....\Wings Over Europe\Terrain) of your Wings Over Vietnam installation.

As before with my VietnamSEA repaint I offer trees and objects in separate folder to enable simpler instalation for users that either don't want it or can't take the performance hit :)

To install the trees and objects, simply copy all the files from "Objects" folder to x:\...\Wings Over Europe\Terrain\GermanyCE.

2. Overview.

The tiles are made with help of satelite imagery taken mostly from central - west Germany, mountain tiles were taken from Alps area, and shoreline tiles...well, from German coast lol. Nothing was hand drawn, all those shapes exist in nature but were violently connected together so they fit...

3. Known issues

First ofcourse it will have some errors, however the number of those is on par with default terrain if not even better, if however you do find some eye-poking errors please report them with a small image in file announcment thread.

Again same as with VietnamSEA, I didn't work much with the cities, you will notice some improvement in transition city texture but nothing dramatic, it is planned for future update though I simply didn't have time for it now and didn't want a completely functional mod sit on my HDD for maybe months at 99% completition

4. Did I forgot something?

I sure hope not...

Thank you, Brain32!

I could be wrong, but do you mean Wings over Europe installation, in item #1 of the instructions?

Thanks, again for your fantastic work.

I could be wrong, but do you mean Wings over Europe installation, in item #1 of the instructions?

Yes I meant you need Wings Over Europe, because this was made for the terrain that came with it :wink:

Looks and works GREAT! Almost no feel of tile repeativeness!

Thanks again for your hard work Brain!

P.S -that joke really was one of the funniest ever :wink:

Nice work - the cities look much better already anyway so thanks.

Ive noticed that there is no provision for JSF Aggies Highway mod - the GermanyG-RoadSH.bmp doesnt have the little off roads and the trees cover the whole area. Were you hoping to include this in the next version?

cheers

Just a tip guys, idk if somewone had said this before here.... but att your Videocard driver!!!! mine was running low on FPS, than i downloaded the latest forceware and its running fine now!

I've had issues with the Forceware 169.21's, especially when looking at the map. Any where the lines of travel are get blacked out.

Unfortunately these versions for the 8800's have been there since the 17th of December, and I get the sa,e issue in WoI.

I guess nVidia does not feel they need to keep up now that there is no competion... :dntknw:

Ive noticed that there is no provision for JSF Aggies Highway mod - the GermanyG-RoadSH.bmp doesnt have the little off roads and the trees cover the whole area. Were you hoping to include this in the next version?

Hmmm, oops? :biggrin:

Yup I will definitely fix that in the future update, just keep in mind that I don't know when will that be :dntknw:

Looks and works GREAT! Almost no feel of tile repeativeness!

Thx that was my main goal, to come as close to ilusion of variety as possible...

Keep up the good work Brain32.

3. Known issues

First ofcourse it will have some errors, however the number of those is on par with default terrain if not even better, if however you do find some eye-poking errors please report them with a small image in file announcment thread.

How about you post them in the mods forum with that post and not here in the downloads section??? :good:

• Dislike 1

:yahoo::yahoo:

Awesome!Awesome!

Superb work again.

Thank,you!

needs any modification to work in SF2 ??

No,

I am working with it now and it's been great. You might tweak your other graphics settings to deal with the fps load but anything above a P4 with decent card should be fine. There might be an issue with runway tiles and the season folders but I am not sure. X cross runway/taxi tiles too. Otherwise looks great

Guest Raden

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=6192

File Name: GermanyCE Terrain Tiles REPAINT v1.0

File Submitter: Brain32

File Submitted: 10 Mar 2008

File Category: Tilesets

File Version: No Information

by Brain32

1.Requirements - Wings Over Europe are required in order for this mod to work!!!

2. Installation.

Un-ZiP "GermanyCE" folder into terrain folder(X:\....\Wings Over Europe\Terrain) of your Wings Over Vietnam installation.

As before with my VietnamSEA repaint I offer trees and objects in separate folder to enable simpler instalation for users that either don't want it or can't take the performance hit :)

To install the trees and objects, simply copy all the files from "Objects" folder to x:\...\Wings Over Europe\Terrain\GermanyCE.

2. Overview.

The tiles are made with help of satelite imagery taken mostly from central - west Germany, mountain tiles were taken from Alps area, and shoreline tiles...well, from German coast lol. Nothing was hand drawn, all those shapes exist in nature but were violently connected together so they fit...

3. Known issues

Again same as with VietnamSEA, I didn't work much with the cities, you will notice some improvement in transition city texture but nothing dramatic, it is planned for future update though I simply didn't have time for it now and didn't want a  completely functional mod sit on my HDD for maybe months at 99% completition

I sure hope not...

Click here to download this file

Brian, ur Mod is super!

However, I would like to take this opportunity to present to u just TWO issues that I found a bit less desire-able (in my case) in ur super Mod..

Kindly have a close look at the attachments. My thanks to u for ur super Mod. :salute:

To get rid off the issues, I simply moved the TEROBJECT_RURAL2.TGA to a BackUp Sub-Folder within the (ur) GermanyCE Mod. 

Second issue, a bit simmering sea of it. I simply applied Orsin's MAPiniTweaks, the

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/43962-map-ini-tweaks-for-israel-germany-vietnam-ae-and-libya/page__view__findpost__p__311396__hl__orsin%20map%20tweak__fromsearch__1 

Simmering Sea corrected now.

Oh! Why I can't attach them in this REPLY? OK, I shall ASAP do it in New Topic

post here your other topic link so we can check your screenshots easily :)

Guest Raden

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=6192

File Name: GermanyCE Terrain Tiles REPAINT v1.0

File Submitter: Brain32

File Submitted: 10 Mar 2008

File Category: Tilesets

File Version: No Information

by Brain32

2. Installation.

2. Overview.

3. Known issues

Again same as with VietnamSEA, I didn't work much with the cities, you will notice some improvement in transition city texture but nothing dramatic, it is planned for future update though I simply didn't have time for it now and didn't want a  completely functional mod sit on my HDD for maybe months at 99% completition

I sure hope not...

Click here to download this file

Kindly check this out Brian ------>>> http://forum.combatace.com/topic/53572-ur-kind-attention-brian/ :bye:

post here your other topic link so we can check your screenshots easily :)

Seconds ago I just pasted my post and the two skrinshots in my REPLY to Brians. Thanks,

HI Brain32 i like the work you've done thanks. would it be possible to create whole blocks or streets of buildings as one model and one bmp to help fill out the towns and cities .You would only need a few say a square ,rectangle ,triangle ? :)

@Raden

Hey buddy, I saw the problem, it seems you are either using some other TOD file or you have an error in your data.ini callouts. I'll attach the data.ini I'm using for SF2 series if that can help, as I no longer use old series games I can't replicate the problem.

My suggestion is to try completely re-installing the mod first to make sure you don't have any leftovers from the orig files or other mods...

@hi ho silver

I planned to do something like this but check out Stary's mods, he has done that and much more since he released his latest GermanyCE tile and object mod I don't even use my mod for Germany terrain anymore, it's THAT good...

For anybody trying to use my GermanyCE mod in SF2 I'm attaching the ini.

Hi Brain :) I have installed Starys heavy loaded pack and surelly has LOT of work in it and its good work too :salute: But, something about your satelite tiles makes the scene feel more realistic .... To my eye at least. Maybe their photographic feel. Despite that they have been maybe easier to make than Starys that seem to incorporate lot of manual editing on each tile. I am suspecting its something about their color hue, so i am experimenting with a hybrid now based on both tilesets :D :P i am curious if that was the case :D