Sign in to follow this  
Fatman

Can not find the train station, factory, and ship

March 10, 2008

Can fly to the Allied and Axis Ranges and get all the targets that are in the range.

Can not find the Train Station, Factory, or the ships.

Thanks

Fatman

I'm not understanding the question....

You can't find their physical location? Or you can't find the physical objects???

They're all built right into the terrain folder...for both the Allied and Axis bombing ranges. I'd suggest a little time with the free camera mode...they certainly are there in the downloads...I just pulled both down and went line by line in each of the targets and types inis. Every single item, be it the skin bmp, LOD and coordinates on the map are there.

The only suggestion I can make is to do like I did for the Modern Ranges; switch Low Level Checkpoint 1 up to TargetArea001, and renumber Home Base to Target area 002; that'll eliminated the sticky aircraft problem. Which I've never experienced.

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm not understanding the question....

You can't find their physical location? Or you can't find the physical objects???

They're all built right into the terrain folder...for both the Allied and Axis bombing ranges. I'd suggest a little time with the free camera mode...they certainly are there in the downloads...I just pulled both down and went line by line in each of the targets and types inis. Every single item, be it the skin bmp, LOD and coordinates on the map are there.

The only suggestion I can make is to do like I did for the Modern Ranges; switch Low Level Checkpoint 1 up to TargetArea001, and renumber Home Base to Target area 002; that'll eliminated the sticky aircraft problem. Which I've never experienced.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench:

Can not find the physical objects which includes train station, parked aircraft,or ships.

On your suggestion I made the changes Low Level Checkpoint 1 up to TargetArea001, and Home Base to Targetarea002. Still can not find the physical objects.

Here is an example: ( Mission Objective: Attack and destroy enemy Shipping Lane near Bombing Range. Interdict any enemy ships in the vicinity ). Can not find physical water or the ships. Same with train station and parked aircraft.

Thanks

Fatman

Umm....you CAN'T have anti-shipping missions on any of the Ranges...

THERE'S NO OCEAN!!! It's in the middle of the freeking desert!!! It represents the standard USAF Bombing Range like you'd see near Yuma or Nellis.

Have you read the original readme, if any, that comes with the ORIGINAL range downloads?? I'm pretty sure Deuces stated that pretty clearly. And it should be patently obvious, that there's no place for ships to sail, if there's no ocean...(mind you, that dosen't mean it couldn't be simulated...as ships is pretty dumb, and don't KNOW they're not supposed to travel over land)

As to the objects, they're there. They're listed in the types ini, listed in the targets ini, and the physical models are ALL inside the terrain folder.

Have you flown out to the Range, and looked for them???? They're off to the west of the bombing range, in the nice flat area. Kinda hard to miss, expecially with the smoke stacks belching pollution at the Industrial Center; the locomotive smoking at the train station...

I don't know what to tell ya...it's been 14 months since I first released the WW2 ranges; 4+ years since Deuces released the originals, and no one has every mentioned anything wrong.

It's quite possible you've hosed your range installs...I'd suggest deleting them, and starting with a fresh download of the STOCK STANDARD, unmodified, modern; place this into you game install (WoE for instance), and fly that before attempting to add the newer stuff. Follow any and ALL instructiions in the readmes (if any!). Follow the instructions in the Knowledge Base for adding 3rd Party Terrains...

Also, they've NOT been tested in WoI, and will most likely NOT work, due to differences in internal naming conventions. You never did mention which version of the game you can't get it to work in...

Wrench

kevin stein

Actually I do have a question regarding the Range and Red Range... is there a way with the Terrain Editor to make it more interesting? Like adding mountains and stuff? Yes I know it's supposed to represent the USAF range.... Or would I have to actually make a new map?

You'd need an entirely new terrain; which could be quite easy to build.....

The ANW series offers many possibilities....just remove the enemy airbases (ie: remove the airfield data ini line, thereby rendering it a terrain object), add the usual suspects target areas, various and sundry truck routes, and viola...a new Mountain Bombing Range, with plenty of ingress routes down twisty turny canyons.

The only things that would be missing are the 'range grids'....the nuke target circle, simulated SAMs bases, all those are Range particular tiles. The parking rivetment, parked planes, various and sundry buildings are easily re=added.

Wrench

kevin stein