Just a short question - I was wondering if it was possible to add a new airforce to fly for - you know, the kind you select (or not, if you just take the default) in the loadout screen, and which is also referenced in the medal screen of WoE and in the rank of the pilot... I've tried searching around but haven't come across anybody that had asked this question before... Maybe I should have asked this in the "Fictional/Whatif" forum section but I thought that, since it would get a general answer that could serve as base for any future AF that would come into existance that wouldn't be fictional, might as well post it here...

Pretty sure you can just Extract nations.ini for a start and check it out

Hmmm... would it be possible to add a nation to another terrain without having to extract and recompile the main terrain file? Like, I mostly fly in the Bering Straits terrain in WoE, it is mainly based on the GermanyCE terrain, but seems to have its own nations.ini file... would it be enough to create a new nation there? If yes, just what do I have to do? Don't I have to create also a set of national insignia to be shown on planes which fly that nation?

Don't I have to create also a set of national insignia to be shown on planes which fly that nation?

That depends on the skins you intend to use. If you use stock skins then it would make sense to create a decal named INSIGNIA[XXX-actual number depends on position of that country in the nations.ini] and place it in the Decal folder.

Many 3rd party skins come with their own insignia decals...unless they are actually part of the texture.

Short answer would be that it's not mandatory to do so, but it sure would add something if you did. :wink: