Sign in to follow this  
Spectre_USA

Der Rote Baron movie?

Here is a trailer I just discovered for a movie due out on the 11th of April 2008.

Red Baron trailer.

It looks to have the patented Pearl Harbor love interest angle, but the flying scenes look spectacular!

How did this one creep up without prior warning?

:dntknw:

There was a prior warning :wink: I mean someone posted a link to the trailer...

But, yeah, it looks nice

movie will be great:)

Edited by Hubertus

There was a prior warning :wink: I mean someone posted a link to the trailer...

But, yeah, it looks nice

I did a search for "movie" in here and saw nothing.

Well, cool, so folks do know. This ought to get the ol' FE juices flowing, eh?

:biggrin:

"The Making of..." for this movie is all over YouTube..erm, i assume its the same movie, its not like theres many made on the subject.

Hopes are high...which isn't a good thing, but it can't be sillier than Flyboys - apparently the FokkerDr1 was the only plane the Germans used in 1917..oh, and they were all painted red..except bad guys ones...they were kinda black :rofl:

i just watched the preview..oh dear..am i the only one who hates it when they cram hundreds of planes into a single shot?! i mean its just looks silly...completely unrealistic. damn..:(

"The Making of..." for this movie is all over YouTube..erm, i assume its the same movie, its not like theres many made on the subject.

Hopes are high...which isn't a good thing, but it can't be sillier than Flyboys - apparently the FokkerDr1 was the only plane the Germans used in 1917..oh, and they were all painted red..except bad guys ones...they were kinda black :rofl:

Yeah, DR1 City, no less-but the Nieuports were good.

They filmed a lot of it at RAF Halton, just up the road from here-the main building was the Officer's Mess there.

Hmm, no prior warning? No offense, but I have been following the development of this movie for more then 2 years.

Judging from the trailers, there doesnt seem to be much of a love story, if you ask me, that girl seems to be very angry during most of the trailer.

Still could turn out to be a PH kind of movie though.. Guess we`ll find out when it`s out!

Edit: Yeah, the red fokkers in Flyboys was perhaps the biggest killer of the movie, as well as the unforgettable line "9mm spandau machine guns with twice the ammo capacity." That, coupled with the fact that the DR.1`s were the only fighter planes they fought during the entire movie, and the fact that Spandau`s, as far as I know, were mostly the weapons all prime german scouts were equipped with, plus the Dr.1 was famous and widely known at the first time it got to the frontlines, didn`t exactly add much believable evidence to Beagles being a traitor.. imho... Can`t say there was much of a love story a la PH though, since Rawlings and Luciene supposedly never met again, but the movie was indeed full of clichès. But then again, so is Eddie Rickenbackers Fighting the Flying Circus, and etc etc.

So let`s just hope and pray this movie will be the first ww1 flying movie groundbreaker in decades!

S!

RvH

Edited by Red Von Hammer

Bleh. They had to work the sentimental trash in.

But hey, this still looks pretty good. My worry is that Richtofen is the most remembered aviator probably of all time, and they might misrepresent him. Especially since I have read that he was a hunter, and exalted in the kill. Most WWI books I've read were published in the 60's though, so probably not.

Let's just see how this works out before I make a complete ass out of myself. :wink: