Sign in to follow this  
guitarclassic55

Anyone up for new menu screens?

Hi guys,

I fiinally figured out how to add kout's excellent main menu and Alligator Devil's great hangar and loading screens... not to take anything away from the other fine menu mods out there.

I thought I'd try my hand at the campaign screen since it seems pretty bland to me. Attached is a 60% screenshot of what I've come up with. I'm kind of shooting in the dark, a lot of trial and error. But if anyone is interested in a whole set, you know, campaign, pilot record, single player, etc., please let me know. Maybe it will give me the impetus to see it through.

All constructive criticism appreciated. Thanks.

Guitarclassic55

post-32845-1205259550_thumb.jpg

Okay, so I didn't realize the forum would automatically shrink my pic and provide a link, so here's the 100% version as well.

Guitarclassic55

post-32845-1205259737_thumb.jpg

Those are very nice. Any improvements in the GUI are always welcome. :good:

Those are very nice. Any improvements in the GUI are always welcome. :good:

Thanks for the encouragement, Tailspin. I'll keep working and see what I can come up with.

Guitarclassic55

Very nice! I'll be sure to grab them when I put FE back on ! :)

Guest TomSnug

Very nice looking screen, looking forward to it. A full set of screens using that same theme would be a very nice additon to FE.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. I'll tweak the campaign menu then set to work on the pilot record menu. I'll try to put a cohesive set up in a week or two. I'll probably not bother with the hangars or the main screen since there are already some great ones out there.

Guitarclassic55

Hi guys,

I've come up with a new Pilot Record screen and done a few small changes to the campaign screen that I created. This is taking a bit longer than I had planned but I'm enjoying it, so what the heck...

On the Pilot Record screen, I moved the pilot selection menu over onto the "record" itself. Looks a little cleaner, I think. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Guitarclassic55

post-32845-1206124456_thumb.jpg

post-32845-1206124489_thumb.jpg

Pretty! :yes:

Any ideas about loadout screen?

Pretty! :yes:

Any ideas about loadout screen?

Thanks.

As for a loadout screen, I haven't gotten that far yet... single mission screen will probably be next. I'm always up for suggestions, though...

Guitarclassic55

Really nice guitarclassic55, great contribution.

Hope you do 'em all...lots of work, I know....but, it'll enhance the game considerably.

Sorta immersive, as well as nice looking...

Thanks again.

Really nice guitarclassic55, great contribution.

Hope you do 'em all...lots of work, I know....but, it'll enhance the game considerably.

Sorta immersive, as well as nice looking...

Thanks again.

Thanks very much, the encouragement will keep me going!

This is off-topic, but I decided against going back to the pre-expansion version and stuck with the expansion and your new flight models. I'm currently playing the Bloody April 1917 Campaign in a Tripe, RNS, and I'm having a blast. I also dusted off OFF Phase 2 and played a mission in it. It's a great game in its own right but I noticed the E-III pilot I was dogfighting kept running away or not pressing the attack -- maybe he was just a green pilot. :-) Anyway I love the immersiveness of that game and hopefully some new screens will give FE a little more in that department.

Guitarclassic55

Here are a few versions of the single mission screen. If you're interested and have a preference, please let me know.

post-32845-1206463252_thumb.jpg

post-32845-1206463267_thumb.jpg

excellent job

i think you can drop the two and everybody choice

Good idea.

Here's a revised campaign screen with pilot badges...

post-32845-1206468885_thumb.jpg

Excellent... gives the game strong Red Baron 1,2 feel :good:

Thanks, I love both of those games.

I'll second that!

Great stuff. :clapping:

I've decided that since I'm trying to do a whole set, I'll do a new main screen.

Does anyone know how to reach jarkko? I'd love to use his excellent wallpaper for the main screen. Jarkko, if you're out there, I messaged you recently, asking for permission to use your beautiful work, with full credit to you, of course. Attached is what I've tentatively come up with... but I'll only use it with your permission. Please let me know if that's a possibility. I would be honored.

Guitarclassic55

I have now received jarkko's very gracious approval. Thanks jarkko!

And thanks, peter01 and all for your encouragement. I'm pumped to do a whole set!

Looks awesome :clapping:

But is it "single player" or "single mission"?

nice work Guitar

glad 2 C there generating a lot of interest :victory: