Sign in to follow this  
guitarclassic55

Anyone up for new menu screens?

attachment=9442:campaign_new_3.jpg] A third stab at the campaign screen(s).... Haven't downloaded the latest patch yet, hope my intended menu set will work without any hitches. These remind me of my own desktops both virtual and real, quite cluttered!

post-32845-1207682795_thumb.jpg

post-32845-1207682955_thumb.jpg

Edited by guitarclassic55

great work cant wait for the downloading many thanks.

You're welcome... thanks to all who continue to offer encouragement.

Hi guys, just an update on my project... I wanted to do something really special for the mainscreen so I came up with the idea (and figured out how) to put a "movie" on the watch graphic that's part of the page [sort of like RB2]. It's a really time-consuming process -- I get into the flying part of the game, find the action, pause and screen shoot over and over again, then take those screen shots, size them and process them, then add them one by one to the watch, (not to mention blending between two shots to get a third that keeps things smooth) then save them one by one as 111 kb BMP files. It's working beautifully but I'll probably have about 500 to 600 frames, in the area of 50-65 MB of files for the entire 20-30 second animation. I do plan on making it strictly optional for those that want a smaller download. I don't think the animation will have a negative effect on anyone's system, certainly there's no hard drive crunching on mine or cursor slowness, but of course I can't be sure. Attached is the mainscreen without animation, and also with one of the frames of animation showing. I did 110 frames today and hopefully will finish up around Tuesday of next week. This project is dragging on a bit now, I'd like to have something ready for download by around May 1st.

post-32845-1208536323_thumb.jpg

Not sure what's going on, can't upload anything else, including the second pic from the previous post.. I'm gonna quit and come back and see if that works. I'm getting a weird "3.11 MB of 3MB used" and "Max. single upload size: 500 MB" messages. Strange.

Is there a cumulative limit for attachments? Maybe that's my problem... if so, how do I correct it? Delete earlier ones?

Animated screen. Wow... :blink:

Aren't there any software capable of doing frame by frame video cut? VirtualDub has an option to save video as image sequence.

Maybe upping demo to downloads section will work?

Animated screen. Wow... :blink:

Aren't there any software capable of doing frame by frame video cut? VirtualDub has an option to save video as image sequence.

Maybe upping demo to downloads section will work?

Gee, that sounds too easy! I'll have to check that out, would have made things easier, for sure.

I'm going to try starting a 'part 2' thread first and see if that works, just because I'd like to leave the comments and the samples in the same place. If not, I'll try the demo section. Thanks.

Well, not "demo section" - you colud just name the upload so that it would be clear that it's a WiP.

Well, not "demo section" - you colud just name the upload so that it would be clear that it's a WiP.

Okay, first time uploading, if you could point me in the right direction that would be dandy.

Hmmm.. are you sure you can't attach more stuff to posts?

Maybe you just need to increase your number of posts - I think limits are raised for every higher rank. You're 3 posts away from getting ValuedMember badge.

Hmmm.. are you sure you can't attach more stuff to posts?

Maybe you just need to increase your number of posts - I think limits are raised for every higher rank. You're 3 posts away from getting ValuedMember badge.

Well, we'll try it! This is #1...

And #2...

#3... crossing fingers

Wait a minute... how did that happen? I guess this #2... apologies to everyone having to see this

Life is full of quirky twists and turns... #3

Hmmmmm....

Maybe I have to write a certain amount, or it gets appended to my last message? If this wasn't so embarrassing it'd be downright funny!

Okay... so here we go. Thanks for the help.

The two screens, one without animation, the other a single frame of the animation.

I've also attached a first version of original music for the mainscreen. I wanted something with a little more angst. Just midi converted to wav to mp3, not as clean as I hope I can get the final. Also optional, everybody has their own musical tastes.

post-32845-1208540588_thumb.jpg

post-32845-1208540606_thumb.jpg

First_Eagles_Mainscreen.mp3

Ok, I have a qustion, can someone plz put some sopwiths in the sopwith folder?

I've decided to can the music idea until I get significantly higher quality sound and levels.

Ok, I have a qustion, can someone plz put some sopwiths in the sopwith folder?

Kaw, do us a favor here. Start a SPECIFIC thread and give us a list of your issues . We WILL help you - but putting this stuff in all these different threads is counter productive.

And please, DON'T apologize. Just do it.

Thanks.