Sign in to follow this  
guitarclassic55

Anyone up for new menu screens?

Hi lads...

Like the new screens mate..yet again, great work....guitar is indeed right, I had replaced the whole folder!! doh!!! After all the Mods and addons id installed for this great game I should really have known better...lol... No wonder I was having probs but...it runs well now and looks great and makes a huge difference to the overall look of the game,very professional work.. Guitars Screens are beautiful and a very high standard...Thanks again for all your hard work mate..i can thoroughly recommend this addon package to all and its an obvious labour of love to Guitar....keep up the good work...

Best wishes...

Rab ;0)

Fife

Scotland

Hi don246,

Did you replace the original menu folder with the BETA one, or just add the files from the BETA one into the folder? If you replaced the menu folder then you lost a lot of necessary files. I know that sockboy had the same problem because he accidently REPLACED the menu instead of adding the files into it. And since I gave really really poor installation instructions, it's not surprising. :rolleyes: Hope this helps. BTW after sockboy restored his original menu folder then added my files, everything worked like a charm.

Edited by sockboy

Hi All,

Finally finished! I am uploading two versions of Guitarclassic55's Replacement Menu Screens... one with the MOVIE in the antique watch face on the Main Screen, the other without the MOVIE. The one with the movie is 65 MB, the one without, 31 MB. You can find both versions AFTER THEY GET APPROVED in the Hangar/Loadout/Menu section of the Thirdwire Series downloads.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Thanks to jarrko for the background picture on the mainscreen, used also altered by me for the options screen. Thanks to kout for his original alternate mainscreen, which planted the seed and got me hooked on doing this in the first place. His work is excellent and inspiring. Thanks to sockboy and Barkhorn for their testing. Though brief, it was a pleasure working with you, guys. Thanks to p01ppy for the idea to use a small chalkboard for the hangar screens. He even offered to let me use his hangar screen work as a basis for mine; I initially wanted to but found it too intimidating because his work is also most excellent... so I went in another direction. Thanks to all who have offered support and encouragement on this forum.

I hope you enjoy what I've come up with. There's a lot I could change still, but it is after all a game, something to be enjoyed. It was fun putting it all together... too much more though and the fun would begin to go away for me. Perhaps I'll take another pass at it sometime in the future.

I just got TrackIR4 for my birthday (three weeks early); it's sitting in the box in this room. Hope to get it up and running and get to some flying soon.

Guitarclassic55

[Jim Dickson]

Prince Edward Island, Canada

May 2008

Hi Jim....

Great news mate, the folks here will love it and thanks for the Opportunity to help test your most excellent work..it was a pleasure and any other help you need in the future then just give me a shout...

This is an essential Download Gentlemen...

Best wishes...

Rab (sockboy)

Fife

Scotland

Hi All,

Finally finished! I am uploading two versions of Guitarclassic55's Replacement Menu Screens... one with the MOVIE in the antique watch face on the Main Screen, the other without the MOVIE. The one with the movie is 65 MB, the one without, 31 MB. You can find both versions AFTER THEY GET APPROVED in the Hangar/Loadout/Menu section of the Thirdwire Series downloads.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Thanks to jarrko for the background picture on the mainscreen, used also altered by me for the options screen. Thanks to kout for his original alternate mainscreen, which planted the seed and got me hooked on doing this in the first place. His work is excellent and inspiring. Thanks to sockboy and Barkhorn for their testing. Though brief, it was a pleasure working with you, guys. Thanks to p01ppy for the idea to use a small chalkboard for the hangar screens. He even offered to let me use his hangar screen work as a basis for mine; I initially wanted to but found it too intimidating because his work is also most excellent... so I went in another direction. Thanks to all who have offered support and encouragement on this forum.

I hope you enjoy what I've come up with. There's a lot I could change still, but it is after all a game, something to be enjoyed. It was fun putting it all together... too much more though and the fun would begin to go away for me. Perhaps I'll take another pass at it sometime in the future.

I just got TrackIR4 for my birthday (three weeks early); it's sitting in the box in this room. Hope to get it up and running and get to some flying soon.

Guitarclassic55

[Jim Dickson]

Prince Edward Island, Canada

May 2008

Excellent work Jim!

A massive improvement,...they transform the look and feel of the whole game.

They remind me of the old Red Baron menu's, but without being derivative in any way.

Thanks very much for your time and effort. :good:

Bucky

One Great add-on. You are a very clever guy THANKS. :good:

Thanks guys for passing on your appreciation... nice to know you're enjoying my work!

Guest ansons2

:dntknw: Hello, Thanks for your nice new menu screens. However I have a issue with the campaign screen. If I select the Campaign option in the Main menu , my screen becomes black and I have to reboot the PC. I have renamed the

file Campaignscreen.ini to get back the stock file (which is stored in the Menu.cat file). Then there is no issue. I guess there is something wrong with the Campaign.ini file. I do not have the expanded version of FE.

Any idea of what can be wrong with the campaign.ini file and how to fix this issue ?

Also the selection Instant Action with the new menu creates a CTD .

Thanks for your help.

:dntknw: Hello, Thanks for your nice new menu screens. However I have a issue with the campaign screen. If I select the Campaign option in the Main menu , my screen becomes black and I have to reboot the PC. I have renamed the

file Campaignscreen.ini to get back the stock file (which is stored in the Menu.cat file). Then there is no issue. I guess there is something wrong with the Campaign.ini file. I do not have the expanded version of FE.

Any idea of what can be wrong with the campaign.ini file and how to fix this issue ?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for finding this and pointing it out. There was a change made to the campaignscreen.ini in the April 2008 patch. I've uploaded a replacement campaignscreen.ini for those who have not applied the April 2008 patch. If you don't want to wait for it to get approved, open the current campaignscreen.ini (from one of the Guitarclassic55 downloads) and make sure the following sections under NewCampaign read as follows:

[CampaignLengthList]

MenuItemType=LIST

Position=215,250

Width=210

Height=22

ListFieldSetting=MediumListField2

DropDownListSize=10

InfoTextSetting=InfoTextSetting

InfoTextStringID=TXT_MENU_CAMPAIGNLENGTH_INFO

AND...

[CampaignLengthText]

MenuItemType=TEXT

TextSetting=MediumTextLeft2

TextStringID=TXT_MENU_CAMPAIGNLENGTHTEXT

TextPosition=67,253

Hope this helps. Let me know if there are still problems.

Not sure about this one yet but I'll check into it when I get home from work today. Thanks for your patience.

Hi ansons2,

I can't recreate this problem in any install version - original, or patched original, or Expansion Pack, or Expansion Pack with April 2008 patch. Instant Action always works for me. Does anyone else have this problem? Sorry I can't be more help.

The new Menu screens are beautiful. I have copied all the your Hanger Screens into my stock version of EP1 with April 2008.

I am having problems with the Campaign Screen. The dropdown arrows do not display all the avalible choices that I see in the stock version. As I said before, I do have the April 2008 patch applied.

OlPaint01

I have detected this problem too.

There is something wrong with the coordinates.

You must click over the available options instead of the arrows.

I see what you mean now... I'll see if I can't figure it out and fix it. Until then, just click on the text itself, not the arrows. I probably never noticed it because I tend to click on the text anyway instead of the arrows. Thanks.

Edited by guitarclassic55

That was good advise for the work-around to make the Campaign Screen usable. Clicking the Text Box instead of the list down arrow did the trick for me. I see all the available options now. Thanks.

With all the RL thing I have going I was just able to get your new menu screens installed last night. There were really alot more in tune with the game I think. I did get the ones with the movie and I think the DL was worth it in every aspect. Great job my friend , VERY impressive. :good: