Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

Required Reading...

I just finished reading Final Flight by Stephen Coonts, If you liked Flight of the Intruder or are a fan of the Tomcat you gotta read this book! Its an old book,I stumbled onto it in a used book store.It was published in 1988 by Dell. It follows Jake Grafton's career after he became CAG and a F-14 pilot. I finished the book in 4 nights, which is rare for me but the story is very good and kinda scary.

I wont ruin it for you, but I know we have many Tomcat fans here, So i thought i'd send you guys a quick heads up! :biggrin:

Great books recommend The Intruders by Steve coonts also

That is a good one.

Has anyone heard of "Sweetwater Gunslinger 201" ? I found a used copy of it and havn't read it yet. I started but stopped because I had some other stuff going. Its supposed to be about a couple of F-14 pilots. Fictional story cowritten by a retired pilot and a Marine I believe.

Yes I have read that also...there was a follow up....can't remeber what is was called...

Good read

Thunder Station. y'll have to read that one. its got a pilot called Mudcat Walker and his RSo goes by the name of Bad Ass Burns.

Theres an engagement between the F-14 and a MiG-29.

Otherwise I like Richard Hermans Force of eagles and Firebreak. And Dale Brown until he went Ultra hi-tech

Richard Herman is good also if you like Vietnam Mark Berent's Phantom Leader, Rolling Thunder etc are very good.

I just finished reading Final Flight by Stephen Coonts, If you liked Flight of the Intruder or are a fan of the Tomcat you gotta read this book! Its an old book,I stumbled onto it in a used book store.It was published in 1988 by Dell. It follows Jake Grafton's career after he became CAG and a F-14 pilot. I finished the book in 4 nights, which is rare for me but the story is very good and kinda scary.

I wont ruin it for you, but I know we have many Tomcat fans here, So i thought i'd send you guys a quick heads up! :biggrin:

I read that book. In fact I own it. I didn't really like the ending, but it had a cool story.

I like the Rolling Thunder series myself, I read the first and the third book and really liked them. I've also been trying to find a copy of "The Delta" by Marshall Harrison.

Anyone read any of Robert L. Gandt books. I have read his Bogeys & Bandits (Non Fiction) which is great.

If you like helo's, then Snake Pilot by Randy Zahn should be on your list. Great insight into flying the AH1-G Cobra in Vietnam. Likewise the classic Chickenhawk by Robert Mason. A Huey Slick pilot in Vietnam.

Both superb reads.