Sign in to follow this  

Hi everybody.

Recently i upgraded my system to Win Vista. The sim workes very well after i followed Column5´s istructions. Now i have a different problem. My Weapon Editor does not start. I downloaded the latest version of it from the downloadsection. I also tried to start it in WinXP Modus but it does not start. There is no error message or something eles it simply not starts. A Vista bug?? :blink: The folders in the WeaponEditor.INI are correct.

Hmm... isn't the editor is supposed to be started with Win98 compatibility even under XP?

Hi everybody.

Recently i upgraded my system to Win Vista. The sim workes very well after i followed Column5´s istructions. Now i have a different problem. My Weapon Editor does not start. I downloaded the latest version of it from the downloadsection. I also tried to start it in WinXP Modus but it does not start. There is no error message or something eles it simply not starts. A Vista bug?? :blink: The folders in the WeaponEditor.INI are correct.

I don't have Vista but I found on Windows XP that the editors didn't work until until I disabled them in the Data Execution Preventer. Does Vista have that?

THX a lot to Viper! I tried it with the Win98/ME compatibility and...it runs! I´m sorry for making a thread for this problem but now it finally runs! THX again to Viper! :victory:

Edited by FLT

I'm also having a problem now. I had everything working OK on XP. Then I upgraded my Office suite from 2003 to 2007 and the editors now won't run.

:dntknw:

I'm also having a problem now. I had everything working OK on XP. Then I upgraded my Office suite from 2003 to 2007 and the editors now won't run.

:dntknw:

Put them in your system folder and try to run them from there. Also if that doesn't work, re download them, unzip then and try to run them from the unzipped folder.

Put them in your system folder and try to run them from there. Also if that doesn't work, re download them, unzip then and try to run them from the unzipped folder.

Perhaps this is just the sort of question and answer that could go in the 'Brainless guide to why your sim doesn't work'( see my post). What do you think mate. :blink:

"unzip then and try to run them from the unzipped folder. "

huh?

run them from the unzipped folder?

I'll be playing with this tonight and see if anything works. Its wierd. It actually opens up, but as soon as you click on the open button it vanishes.