Sign in to follow this  
skyline

I'm a newbie come to FS 2004

Hi! i'm playing FS 2004. I fly with default air plane. Take off and Cruising no problem. But when i try manual landing, i see very hard to do. Anyone who have experience about manual landing, please show me the way to practice landing. Thanks!

The quick answer to your problem is practice, the long answer depends on what plane you are using. The technique is used was to make a long approach, 10 miles for a Boeing/4miles for the smaller birds and make a gradual descent. For every good landing I would make I would tighten up the pattern until I can do 2.3-3 mile finals to an aircraft carrier in almost any kind of Navy bird.

The one thing you need to learn is your planes stall speed when it is dirty, flaps out/gear down, and keep your airspeed a few knots above that. Check your kneeboard to see if you have reference speeds listed, know those will help you know when to extend flaps and drop the gear. Other than that , like I said earlier, just practice. Like I used to say way back when, I'm getting better at this game, I'm crashing closer to the runway.