Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Matrox Triplehead2Go

simhq have reviews of both the original analogue & later DVI versions.

You can always PM Tom there with questions about them.

If I had the money/space for the extra monitors I would probably have it.

Joe uses it over there and likes it. Check the front page of Hardocp.com right now and there's a picture of someone racing GTR2 using it across 3 monitors.

The main thing is you need a powerful video card as it makes your card see a single giant 2500x1280 or something monitor.

I can't stand the loss in vertical resolution. Cockpits need high resolution to make gauges very readable.

I originally jumped from 1024x768 on a Voodoo 5500 to 1600x1200 on a Radeon 8500.

I would rather play on a single large screen with no breaks and increased vertical and horizontal resolution.

Right now I am using a Samsung 204B 20" 1600x1200, I wouldn't buy an LCD until I could afford one with at least that resolution.

I also have a 46" 1080p LCD TV that has a DVI input.

The 46" size is breath taking, but the 20" 1600x1200 definitely looks better, especially when looking down into the cockpit.

I see 1920x1080 as a marginal decrease, 1920x1200 as a marginal increase, whereas 2560x1600 is a useful increase over 1600x1200 that might even get my money.

I am more interested in finding 3200x2400 or the widescreen equivalent, I heard there is a prototype for $18,000.

I think the virtual reality goggles would be the way to go, but their max resolution at this time is 800x600... and that is a real downgrade.

In my case, I run the Radeon X1900XTX 512mb card. Using the Matrox system, and three LCD's, the best I could do is 800x600 on each monitor... Simply not acceptable IMHO.

I would rather buy a second X1900XTX and run my cards in Crossfire (which I can due with my A8R-MVP Deluxe Mobo. The two cards would give me support for 3 monitors....at a much higher resolution. If I can just obtain my native res at 1400x1050 on my Viewsonic 20" 5:4 I would be 100% satisfied. Effectively, I would be running a 4200x1050 image over 3 screens.

ALthough...I'm tempted to just hook it all up to my 1080I 65" Mits.

I would rather buy a second X1900XTX and run my cards in Crossfire

or just buy an HD3870 or 8800GT ...

How would that benefit me?

How would that benefit me?

pretty sure that either will outperform X1900XTX CF

I'm not looking for a performance gain....I'm looking to run triple monitors. There are only so many ways to do that given my current system config.

aforementioned Triplehead with an HD3870/ 8800GT will do that better than with X1900CF though.

Afaik Crossfire X1900s won't support 3 monitors (or if it does when did they change it?, I know that HD38xx supports more than 1 monitor in CF)?

Guess I want' aware that a second X1900 wouldn't support 3 monitors... Thanks.

I don't think that it does but I'm not 100% certain as I've basically given up on multi GPU configs atm.