Sign in to follow this  

how do you drop the mirage 3 "free fall bombs"to hit the target is there a way to do in the hud??

Mirage 3 the plane you mean?! No there is no pipper inside the pit just use feeling and traing good game for training is il2 or just put some MK-82 on a Phantom and drop them on a specific area or building and see how it works.

Yeah, practice makes perfect... I can put a 2000-lb right on top of warehouse now :cool: on a good day :blush:

I think there is a weapons delivery tutorial in the KB that outlines strategies for using the various weapons in the TW aresenal. But, as the others say, it does take practise.

Use the Force, Luke. :biggrin: Sorry......

I don't know if real world physics apply in the game as far as using formulas but the principle is the same. A bomb dropped at a certain attitude (level, diving climbing), altitude, and speed will fall a certain distance before it hits the ground. Variables to that will be drag. Different sizes (diameters) and shapes will change distance. If all those factors don't change the the bomb will , theoretically, hit the same spot every time. You can either find the imaginary aimpoint for a predetermined attitude, alt., speed or pick an aimpoint, such as the nose of the aircraft as you see it from the cockpit, and adjust attitude, alt. and speed to hit your target. Heck, I suppose you can even use the A to G pipper if your aircraft has one but you'll still need to figure out the variables. Best advice, download the Bombing Range and practice. You'll eventually get a "feel" for it.