Sign in to follow this  
hangtime8705

Some Newbie Questions

Hey guys, like the forum, glad to see all the user made content. Keep it up. Now on to one burnding questions. I'm a newbie to these games (WoE and WoI).

1. Do I need SFP1, WoE, and WoI to use the mods (such as new terrain sets, aircraft skins, etc...) or does it really matter which game I have?

thanx guys.

Hello

Depends on the individual Mod im afraid - Most mods will work with SFP1, SFG, WOV and WOE at the moment (Service Pack 4) - the readme with it should really say what it was designed for - and say if you cant use it in a particular game etc

WOI has just come out - and because of the changes made some existing mods will need to be revised to work with it.

The other games SFP, WOV etc are due to have the next service Pack (SP5) released to bring them up to the same level as WOI. If you patch WOV to SP5 for example when (if) its released a few older mods may not work with it - but they hopefully will be revised so they do in the future.

hope that makes sense

Also, since you're new to the ThirdWire series of sims, start at the Knowledge Base.

There is a TON of info on the sims...a lot of questions you may have can be answered there.

FastCargo

Guest Sony Tuckson

As from now on, all Mirage Factory will be released at the WoI standard

This mean they will also work under older simulators, but with some weird behaviours...those will be solved when a new patch brings these up to date

Future is the way ;)