AppName:WOE.exe AppVer:8.30.6.3 ModName:groundformation.dll

ModVer0.0.0.0 Offset 000034bc

Ok i'm going a little nuts!

everytime i play a campaign WOE crashes to desktop and it says this?

no let me be clear it only happens of Edwards Korean Maps.

and its driving me nuts.

Please anyone i need help what is wrong and how do i fix this? :salute:

post-21784-1205556918_thumb.jpg

Have you tried reinstalling the terrain? It's not uncommon for something to come loose, as it were, during download.

Check out wheter there is a planningmap in your terrainfolder. Without planningmap you get CTD.

Ok theres Planning maps in the Korean Terrian but i don't understand what the CTD stands for.

What those CTD mean?

sorry for my lack of understanding.

Check out wheter there is a planningmap in your terrainfolder. Without planningmap you get CTD.

Guest Bounder

CTD= crash to desktop

Guest Bounder

not always on a few maps I get a solid white with grids.

groundformation.dll and groundobject.dll crashes are caused, usually, by a missing ground object (vehicle, AAA, tanks, whatever).

Re-check the readme and see if you need to add other objects. Also, you can compare the **_types.ini to your GroundObject folder, and see if it calls for something you don't have.

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm looking in the Objects folder of WOE and i was looking for the Groundobjects ini

but theres a problem

there isn't one???

All i have is Gundata

Gun editor and Missile object Bullet object ini's

is there any where else this would be located???

all is see is Groundobject.dll

groundformation.dll and groundobject.dll crashes are caused, usually, by a missing ground object (vehicle, AAA, tanks, whatever).

Re-check the readme and see if you need to add other objects. Also, you can compare the **_types.ini to your GroundObject folder, and see if it calls for something you don't have.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench

kevin stein

Hmm...An ideal question/answer for the 'Brainless Guide' eh Kev. I think we should start this a.s.a.p. Although I know you are more than happy to help out I'm thinking this type of repeat question would save you a lot of time which I'm sure you could devote to other projects.

Edited by Brainless

Koushiro, Brainless is suggesting that you look in the Knowledge Base - try "extractor". Some files need to be extracted before can see and edit.

any modding in this game is new for me.

what is the Extractor.

i mean i've received swipes for asking questions that most gamers don't know.

i just want to fix a problem not be a Kono yaro and ask stupid questions.

if i remember well no question is a stupid question.

unless asked with a smirk or joking voice.

Koushiro, Brainless is suggesting that you look in the Knowledge Base - try "extractor". Some files need to be extracted before can see and edit.

koushiro: re-read my statement....look in the terrains ** types.ini The ground object ini has nothing to do with it, at this point

so, for isntance you're having the problem with the Korea terrain, you'd open the Korea_types.ini, and compare the listing of objects, usually after item #71, as that's the last of the 'stock' object listings...

[TargetType071]

Name=SovietCommandVehicle

FullName=Command

TargetType=MISC

-snip for brevity-

Just keep scrolling down through the list, looking for "UseGroundObject=TRUE".

Those are the items you need to compare with the sub-FOLDERS containing said GroundObjects in the MAIN GrundObjects folder.

Other things to make sure of, is that if any of the added GOs need any add-on weapons. That'll crash it, too.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hmm...An ideal question/answer for the 'Brainless Guide' eh Kev. I think we should start this a.s.a.p. Although I know you are more than happy to help out I'm thinking this type of repeat question would save you a lot of time which I'm sure you could devote to other projects.

Well I pinned your topic Brainless, its your baby, start filling it. :biggrin:

thanks for the help but something is still crashing it i've checked and checked but still it crashes saying the same thing.

can anypart of the map being causing this problem?

koushiro: re-read my statement....look in the terrains ** types.ini The ground object ini has nothing to do with it, at this point

so, for isntance you're having the problem with the Korea terrain, you'd open the Korea_types.ini, and compare the listing of objects, usually after item #71, as that's the last of the 'stock' object listings...

Just keep scrolling down through the list, looking for "UseGroundObject=TRUE".

Those are the items you need to compare with the sub-FOLDERS containing said GroundObjects in the MAIN GrundObjects folder.

Other things to make sure of, is that if any of the added GOs need any add-on weapons. That'll crash it, too.

Wrench

kevin stein

ok now i seemed to find something

it crashes every time on a strike mission on a bridge everytime is crashes the bridge shows up on the terrian

but right after attack it the game CTDs

Well I pinned your topic Brainless, its your baby, start filling it. :biggrin:

Well I've got the draft ready to go. PM'd Kevin 'Wrench' a couple of days ago to see if he would look over it before posting it on the board but as yet he hasn't replied. I guess he's busy. I also advised Erik it was ready yesterday so it's over to you guys! :biggrin:

A punt from the cellar!

I have gotten this error in an IsraeliME campaign I created for the 2006 Lebanon War 2, as I and they call it.

Half dozen missions in, whilst tapping the "E" key to grab a target for a Maverick. I haven't added any Soviet made AAA or objects, just the US made ADATS and Chapparal.

It has happened up near Beirut, looking at SAM sites. I get ZSU-23 quads, SA-6 launchers, and Radars, but suddenly, CTD.

???

Little update to my continued crashes.

I had flown this custom 2006 campaign a couple of times on the pre-patched WoI install, so I copied 1st my ground objects, then my weapons folders over

from the older install. No change. Approach target area, CTD, every time. It has now happened about a half dozen times in a row, and it should be one of

the last missions, as the move to Beirut is on.

The only thing I don't see that directly correlates in the ISRAELME_TYPES.INI is an entry called AAA. I also notice a distinct lack of any enemy AAA save the

ZSU-23-4, but that is probably more date related than anything.

Between here and the 3rdwire forums, this is the only one that mentions the groundformation.dll, according to Google.

I reckon I am just gonna have to shelve this almost completed campaign, as I am at a total loss...