Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Dassault MD-450 Ouragan cockpit almost finished

Dassault MD-450 Ouragan cockpit (airframe No. 151 and later) almost finished. Referenced from an actual aircraft MD-450 manual and photographs.

Yes, Those are actual radios in the instrument panel..aka. a Cessna!

It includes a lead computing gunsight as per Wikipedia.

Israeli Ouragans entered combat on 12 April 1956, shooting down an Egyptian Vampire. At the onset of the Suez Crisis on 29 October 1956, Ouragans shot down an additional four Vampires.

Pilots found the Ouragan to be generally pleasant to fly and a very stable gun and rocket platform, although due to its short-coupled fuselage, the aircraft had a tendency to snap into a spin in tight turns. Wikipedia

ouragan.jpg

Edited by ordway

Looks good!

You made that from the Scooter Pit? That's impressive.

mindbender: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5238

Yes, it's from the scooter. Completely moved some instruments, some added...Lexx helped me enormously to figure it out...it was pushing all of us to our limits of the "uggknown". :biggrin:

Here is the latest and almost finished version. I added more of the lead computing gunsight...which almost sends it correctly into the World War II era...1947 and more accurate landing gear controls.

See if you can spot the differences.

Ouraganskewgunsightwritingfinal.jpg

Nice work ordway!!! Looking forward to it :good:

BTW, Israel wasn'the only country whose Ouragans saw action in a war. Indian "Toofanis" saw action in the 1965 Indo-Pak War as well as some counter-insurgency air strikes inet h60s in North Eastern part of India.

Does anyone have my No. 29 Sqdn "Scorpions" skin that I did for Pasko's Ouragan?

IC568.jpg

I have lost the file and its not here at CA. I don't remember whether I uploaded the skin at CA. If anyone has that skin, could you please send it to me?

Edited by ghostrider883

Nice work ordway!!! Looking forward to it :good:

BTW, Israel wasn'the only country whose Ouragans saw action in a war. Indian "Toofanis" saw action in the 1965 Indo-Pak War as well as some counter-insurgency air strikes inet h60s in North Eastern part of India.

Does anyone have my No. 29 Sqdn "Scorpions" skin that I did for Pasko's Ouragan?

It is now posted. The Mystere IV cockpit is next. The Mystere IV had an evolutionary cockpit of the MD-450 Ouragan, but with noticeable differences, especially in the normal view. The Mystere IV pilot has radios stuck between his legs according to multiple color photos.

Edited by ordway