Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tazkiller

Sabre Drivers - The Hunters

Thx, I know you have spent a lot of time to make it as accurate as possible and can't wait to get my hands on them :good::biggrin:

And I have to get "the Hunters" and watch the whole thing :biggrin:

Thx, I know you have spent a lot of time to make it as accurate as possible and can't wait to get my hands on them :good::biggrin:

And I have to get "the Hunters" and watch the whole thing :biggrin:

Met an ANG bloke who had a patch on his sleeve declaring the F-86 as the last of the sport models and I think I agree with him. It has only been lately that the aircraft industry has been able to match the nimble Sabre for pure maneuverability. Can you imagine a Sabre with a current turbofan in it? In advance, kudos to USAFMTL and all others who are bringing the skies over Korea back to life.

Well the hard work went to Tazkiller. I did some skins and a little organizing. Tazkiller has ran the FM's through the cleaners 50 or 60 times. So thank him for the end product.

Thanks, to Tazkiller, and all who've worked on them. Love these two airplanes. Especially the Sabre. And thanks for the links to "The Hunters." One of my favorite movies, since I was a kid, and one of my favorite books of all time. Although, I wish Hollywood had taken James Salter's (aka James Horowitz, 4th FIW) advice and followed his book more exactly, I think the movie would have been even better. Apparently, from stories I've read, Salter was so upset with the Hollywoodization of his book that he refused to ever sell any of his material to Hollywood again, although the stories I've read could be wrong. Can't wait for the release of these.

Heck

Thanks for all your concerted efforts to bring this together. I just love the Korean War airwar era. It was the end of one era, and the beginning of the next. Kind of a knife fight for purists!

Mega pack? hopefully there's an F-86A in it :biggrin:

F-86A-5

F-86E-10

RF-86F

F-86F-2 (GUNVAL)

F-86F-15

F-86F-25

F-86F-30

F-86F-35

I think thats the list off the top of my. I am sure Taz killer can give you the more correct list.

With the talents of Wolf-257, Crab_02, JimmyBib for the A skin, Zur for the other models and pits. FM's by Tazkiller and updated skins by me.

Any chance of an H later on?

Edited by suhsjake

Any chance of an H later on?

After talking to Zur, we are going to get some Furys then maybe an H. H had a beefier fuselage so it will require an almost new model, with new mapping.

What a package! Back to Korea! I was so inspired by this thread, I went out to my local video store and found a copy of "The Hunters." Great aerial footage. Really looking forward to this.

Heck

Guest Tazkiller

Historical note on "The Hunters"

The stunt flying was done by none other than Capt. Manuel J. "Pete" Ferandez Jr.. Koreas 3rd leading ace!

And the FIGHT between "Saville and Casey Jones" was a poor attempt to recreate the historic fight of Robbie Risner!

The F-86 Sabre/ MiG-15 Megapack will feature:

F-86A-05

F-86E-01

F-86E-05

F-86E-06

F-86E-10

F-86F-01

F-86F-10

F-86F-2 "Gunval"

F-86F-30 "Slat Wing"; Both Interceptor and Fighter Bomber versions

F-86F-30 " 6-3 Wing"; Both Interceptor and Fighter Bomber versions

F-86F-35

F-86F-40

CAC Avon Sabre Mk.32

Canadair Sabre Mk.4

Canadair Sabre Mk.6

MiG-15 Fagot featuring 17 different skin selections.

The RF-86F Recon Sabre is soley the work of U.S.A.F.M.T.L. . If he wants it released at this time is totally up to him.

The file structure for the Korean War models of the F-86s are configured to be plugged into an accurate Korean War Campaign.

This is a community project!!!!

Everyone that ever designed, skined of dreamed of the Sabre/MiG conflict should take a bow.

With Dave's campaign team sweet times are to be enjoyed in the Strike Fighters community.

Edited by Tazkiller

RF-86F was made by Zur, and yes it will be part of the package.

YEA!!!!! Zur's going to make some Furys and and an H?!?!?!?!?

... Wait.

Crap... That's me! Hells bells I better light a fire under my ass or we won't see any of this until WiS! (Wing in Space)

:grin::shout:

Templates? Maybe????

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey Zur great news!!!! Can`t wait! Any pics of WIP

LOL!

I could post a lovely image of the three-way view box I've mapped of the Fury... Sadly that's as far as I've gotten. I'm trying like hell to get the Osprey done so I have a clean plate to work with, but with a change in jobs I've been busier than usual.

Soon... :yes:

LOL!

I could post a lovely image of the three-way view box I've mapped of the Fury... Sadly that's as far as I've gotten. I'm trying like hell to get the Osprey done so I have a clean plate to work with, but with a change in jobs I've been busier than usual.

Soon... :yes:

Any chance of quiting your job so you can make models for us full time? :tongue::wink:

No prob can I betatest the 3 view box?! :big_boss: Does the fury has straight wings?!

Sorry for asking will you create the FJ-1 and FJ-2 ?!

800px-FJ-1_FJ-2_NAN5-52.jpg

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Any chance of quiting your job so you can make models for us full time? :tongue::wink:

Not unless you and the rest of the community can convince my wife I can make the kind of moola I make now "playing with my computer"... (You have to say it with a sour sarcastic tone or it looses effect)

:rolleyes:

Well i wouldn't hold your breath but if I ever hit the lotery or get some sort of windfall I'll be sure to take care of a lot of guys here.maybe set up some sort of contest where the comunity decides the winner for some large(ish) cash prize.Well it's fun to dream.