Sign in to follow this  
Guest capun

Is there a way to highlight an updated file?

Guest capun

New files are posted at their respective forums, is that an automatic feature or it has to be done manually?

If automatically done, can it also be done with updated files?

Sometimes the files are updated but unless you read about them you may miss them.

I try to highlight links and images with a different font color but not all posters do and in some cases you may miss them.

I'm not sure I'm following you but ...

When a file is added to the system a new topic is posted in the file announcement area for the type of file.

When a file is updated in the system I don't believe the file announcement gets an update or is moved back to the top of the announcement stack if that's what you mean. It does show the last time the file is updated on the file itself.

The announcment is automated we don't have to do anything for that.

For an update what a modder can do is click the link in the file that takes them to discussion and then just post that you've made an update to the file which will then move the thread back to the top of the announcement area. I think that's what you're looking for, but it would have to be done manually.

Dave you got any other ideas?

I'm going to feel stupid if the announcement thread moves to the top on an update but I don't think so. I also remember when Brandon over at Invision was working on the last BETA there was something about this and I think he opted out of the announcement update for some reason, but I'll have to dig back through the BETA notes on that.

Erik

Guest capun

Yup, that is basically what I was talking about. There is no automatic announcement that the file has been updated like the new files get announced.

Some modders do add a link to the updated version, one problem is that most don't highlight the file link so it gets lost with the same color and font type.

Problem could be just me since I do a quick scan of the posts since I don't have the time to read them all thoroughly.