Hi all.

You might know I very stupidly said we ought to start a 'Brainless Guide' to why your game/mod doesn't work, thinking that one of you clever guys would get the job of producing it but no, now they've asked me to do it. :biggrin:

Oh dear, me and my big mouth have done it again and I'm into all this boring (oh so boring) job of going thro' posts trying to extract the problems so that answers can be found for common problems that cause CTDs and the like.

Well I've started to raise the schedule but it would be really helpful if you guys/girls would post any problems in this post so its easy for me to find them. Hopefully an 'Admin' will make this a 'sticky' and I can check from time to time to see what problems have been encountered to put in the Guide. If you want to see what it's about look in the bottom part of the Knowledge Base general listings.

I've started with a number of Topic Headings which are as hereunder as an initial format but this could change or be added to.

GRAPHICS ISSUES,INI. ISSUES,OBJECT DISPLAY ISSUES,COCKPIT ISSUES,MODEL ISSUES,WEAPONS & ORDNANCE ISSUES,CTD (crash to desktop),DOWNLOADING,FLIGHT CONTROLS,INSTALLATION ISSUES,NEW MODS,MISSION ISSUES,MISSION PLANNING,FUEL ISSUES

So if you have a problem with something then post it under one of these headings or a new one if what you encounter doesn't fit a category I've used.

Please don't post a problem here if it's a specfic modding question or a detailed issue to do with modding as these can be dealt with in the normal way in ordinary posts or the Knowledge Base which I encourage you all to use. I'm only really interested in basic problems /issues common to the WOI/WOE/WOV/SFP/FE series.

Thanks. I know you'll all do your best for me.

P.S.If anyone would like to help me with this project I'd be very gratefull for help especially with answers to questions about why things didn't work etc.

Please PM me if you are interested in producing the guide and have a bit of time to spare.

Edited by Brainless

Can you guys please start posting your 'game doesn't work issues' here as I note you are still posting elsewhere and it's making life hard trying to keep up with the new ones while I'm in the process of raising the GUIDE from past posts.

Thanks.

ok well to start i've downloaded the b-52 stratofortress and i cant get it to function, all i see is the top of the cockpit otherwise it doesnt have a body and doesnt fly

ok well to start i've downloaded the b-52 stratofortress and i cant get it to function, all i see is the top of the cockpit otherwise it doesnt have a body and doesnt fly

Which B-52 did you download? Can you provide the link?

Guest Bounder

also might list which game you were playing SFP/WOV/WOE/WOI as each may have issues with different mods.

That mod requires WOV/WOE because it uses the stock B-52 in those games.