Sign in to follow this  
mppd

A-6 rudder animation

Recently bought the A-6 - very nice job. Taking the tour moving around it, checking it all out, was surprised when the aft end of the fuselage moved with rudder input. Believe this part should remain stationary. An oversight?

Mike Druzolowski

Recently bought the A-6 - very nice job. Taking the tour moving around it, checking it all out, was surprised when the aft end of the fuselage moved with rudder input. Believe this part should remain stationary. An oversight?

Mike Druzolowski

The "aft end of the fuselage" is the rudder. Sounds like the model is correct. I'm in the Navy and have worked on Prowlers, the rudder is the same for both the Intruder and EA-6B.

Vamp

Edited by Vampyre

Well, technically the whole airframe should move with yaw (or any control) input. Are you talking about an animation issue?

Roger that, the entire area aft of the rudder hinge line moves on the Razbam A-6, which includes the aft portion of the fuselage below the moveable rudder. Is this correct?

Mike D.

Roger that, the entire area aft of the rudder hinge line moves on the Razbam A-6, which includes the aft portion of the fuselage below the moveable rudder. Is this correct?

Mike D.

I don't know about Razbam's model, but rudders don't work that way. Otherwise, why have a hinge?

Guest capun

Mike Druzolowski

Mike

I just tested the A-6A and the A-6E on the ground and just after take off. I have the pre-release versions and I don't see any problems. Just the rudder is moving.

Well, I'm baffled. Someone else must have the identical .LOD that I do. The entire area below the moveable rudder is swinging on mine? Since I have a legitimately purchased copy, how can I arrange to obtain an .LOD file that is working correctly? Sure looks goofy on an otherwise superb model. I am developing a decal system for it now to make squadron repaints easier. The three Marine Corps units that flew in Vietnam are first on my list.

Thanks for the help,

Mike D.

The entire area below the moveable rudder is swinging on mine?

Do you mean the area marked in the pic?

Guest capun
Well, I'm baffled. Someone else must have the identical .LOD that I do. The entire area below the moveable rudder is swinging on mine? Since I have a legitimately purchased copy, how can I arrange to obtain an .LOD file that is working correctly? Sure looks goofy on an otherwise superb model. I am developing a decal system for it now to make squadron repaints easier. The three Marine Corps units that flew in Vietnam are first on my list.

Thanks for the help,

Mike D.

Mike

You have my email, you can send the LOD to me. I have been helping RazBam with other issues in the past and I think it will ok with it.

BTW, you are not seeing the shadows aren't you?

Do this. Open the data ini and do the following

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE <- Set it to FALSE

ShadowLOD=A-6Ashadow.SHD

ShadowType=1

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=150

I did not see the shadow do that but it seems that it is a one-piece and there is a section of the shadow rudder that is NOT moving

Thanks again for the help. Yes indeed, the area is the rear fuselage area just below the moveable rudder - it's pivoting and moving along with the rudder movement.

I'm doing a double shift at work until 1AM DST, but have tomorrow off. Will retry in the morning, and if the problem persists I'll send the .LOD and a screenshot. Thanks Capun,

Mike D.

Do you mean the area marked in the pic?

Thanks for digging up that pic! That's the area that should be moving :)

Thanks for digging up that pic! That's the area that should be moving :)

Exactly. There are some walkarounds over at ARC (this is a link ;) ), where you can see that the aft section is part of the rudder.

Edited by wilco

HI:

There is no error, the A-6 rudder (and all the A-6 variants, including the prowler) was a single piece that complemented the fuselage.so, that´s why the aft part of the fuselage, the picture will illustrate my point:

rudder.jpg

Best regards

Prowler

Thanks for taking the time to set me straight! My sincere apologies to the A-6 team, it is indeed a superb job. Don't know what I was thinking, just looked odd for some reason. 'll shut up and start flying and decaling! I owe you guys!

Mike

Hi guys! I've seen on the screenshots that the A-6A have the A-6E air intake on the rear of the fuselage, just in front and left of the vertical tail. Is it only on the beta models, or is it also on the definitive one? I've only seen it on the very late A-6a and on the -E, as well as the probe on the external pylons.