Sign in to follow this  
Tantobot

AI Performance low and fast

Being a frequent user at least when I can (Stupid College homework LOL) of WOE and the myrid of addons for the strike fighters family I was wondering if after WOI the AI more specfically your flight now have the ability to keep formation during periods of low altitude high speed flight because as we all know when you have just come off a of target and are egressing at low altitude your wingman will not keep up with you.

Thanks

Being a frequent user at least when I can (Stupid College homework LOL) of WOE and the myrid of addons for the strike fighters family I was wondering if after WOI the AI more specfically your flight now have the ability to keep formation during periods of low altitude high speed flight because as we all know when you have just come off a of target and are egressing at low altitude your wingman will not keep up with you.

Thanks

What I do is order my wingie in first; cover him, if he botches I tell him to cover me while I mop up and if there is an additional flight make them do the CAP. Try the formation alteration that is available here

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5583

Its cooler. I cant work with the commands though so the formation edit makes me happy.

College homework huh... you dont say. Im in my 4th yr of law and im torn between the game and my academic responsiblities.

Edited by Stick

Ok I will try the formation edits, ah yes Law school hopefully my next endevour after college my hat is off to you for surviving thus far because I know it is not easy at all

you could also change the minimum safe altitude for each pilot skill level, inthe aircraftobject ini ( IIRC), or add the respectuve sections to the planes data ini which you want to perform better at low level ( editing the aircraftobject ini affects all planes, the enemy AI too) .... :ph34r:

Good to know thanks a lot! :ok: btw which sections would I edit for specific aircraft?

Edited by Tantobot

you could also change the minimum safe altitude for each pilot skill level, inthe aircraftobject ini ( IIRC), or add the respectuve sections to the planes data ini which you want to perform better at low level ( editing the aircraftobject ini affects all planes, the enemy AI too) .... :ph34r:

but don't edit the opposition!

:wink:

that's sometime my only escape to run out at 20ft and high mach.....

but don't edit the opposition!

:wink:

that's sometime my only escape to run out at 20ft and high mach.....

Hoot!you bet. Its crazy in the ANW maps and nothing like it when they prang their planes in a high speed chase with all their rolling attacks.

Edited by Stick

Yeah, I like to call those "maneuver kills!"

Heehehehe...

:biggrin:

I just don't take a wingnut man, that's been my rule of thumb. The few CAP missions I've played I haven't been too impressed. Besides it's another worry that I don't need, especially in the weeds....

I just don't take a wingnut man, that's been my rule of thumb. The few CAP missions I've played I haven't been too impressed. Besides it's another worry that I don't need, especially in the weeds....

Wingmen do make good cannon fodder though... and time from time, they do save your hide... but it's probably just coincidence that they just happen to target the guy that's been following me in circles for 10 minutes.

Wingmen do make good cannon fodder though... and time from time, they do save your hide... but it's probably just coincidence that they just happen to target the guy that's been following me in circles for 10 minutes.

With the advanced AI its no longer circles its all over the blue. I have been in scissors and other G crushing maneouvres. And my wingman with the right commands nows how to save the day.Here he takes a snapshot that is uncanny.

That is true though.... maybe it's just wingnut mismanagement that I don't employ them properly. Then again I think I should take off the AMRAAMs and let them stay with the stock weapons, then maybe he won't go to guns all the time....

Hey all,

With regards to wingmen, I find that on recon missions (particularly in my F-111) that its a good idea not to bring a friend. Firstly, I GENERALLY find he gets shot down or lost while egressing. This, and the fact I fly my 'Pig' to the edge of its performance envelope not above 100ft AGL, means I can do what i want to avoid getting killed, without worrying about loosing a squadron member (and more importantly, another F-111!)

Cheers

Blackhawk

Exactly, the low level recon mission I did in a Kfir was harrowing enough, but with a wingman it would have been really worse! :smile:

I also dislike having to worry about a wingman/men.

Those 12 and 16 shippers usually mean a whole lot of micromanagement, which is the last thing you want while ingressing a target area, and you have mission overload

as it is.

Sure, being a master of your own destiny on hard settings, and having a palpable impact on the overall situation is great, but when the enemy has so much more autonomy,

and your 16 shipper returns as a pair, there is something not quite right.

A simple "f*** `em up" command to the squadron as you laze about out of harm's way would be a beautiful thing in my book...

:biggrin:

Hooah!

Though, one thing I have noticed is that the larger your formation (i.e. 12-16 + ships) , the more likely you are to loose your wingman and a large number of formation members.... you would think wingmen would help each-other out. Perhaps they were from a different squadron?