Eric Jager

Strike fighters wishes

I like to see more modern Fighters in Strike Fighters  

22 members have voted

1. 1. I like to see more modern Fighters in Strike Fighters

• Yes lets have more advanced fighters
    • No like to see more 60's and 70's

Many aircraft are underway for Strike Fighter Project One

May be too help modders and skinners I created this poll. So every one knows what is most liked to be seen in the sim.

Eric Jager

I can't see a compelling reason to include aircraft with mroe advanced avionics and weapons until the game supports such.

Hey, if I wanted really advanced stuff I would have just waited for LOMAC. What I want to see are more Century Series fighters, half the reason that I bought the game was to fly the F-100 and F-104. Don't you think that the F-101 or F-102 would be a great addition to this game?

Hey, what about including WWI aircraft. we've already seen some WW2 planes. Or better yet, we could do a Starwars add-on. The desert terrain is much like that of the starwars planet.

Cheers

Fates

The reason I bought this game was because it was the start of an era. Technology was jumping in leaps and bounds. You still had to fly to defeat your enemy. The word dogfight still applied. You still had to be a pilot to operate a plane. The new sims you lock on press a button from 20 miles away and forget about it. Or program your course with GPS and presto no hands! There are other games coming out with modern avioncs. I would like to see the 60s and 70s developed before moving on. I might lean that way because growing up I can relate to alot of these planes as technology advanced.

I hate anything that is modern except personal computers.

What is needed in P1 is more "hardcore sixties", jets, sixites avionics (there were some funny ones), but also sixties objects, targets, maps etc...

Would be good too to have more FINISHED planes......See all the "official" russian AI, very good ones, but doesn't worth much as flyable: weak FM, no cokpit!

More 60's and 70's RUSSIAN planes would be more than necessary. As Hitchcock was saying, it's the baddies that are making a good film.

But I'm more than optimistic: all this is going to happen!

Guest MrMudd

I'm all for the Modding Community for building the Early jet era fighters, as well as modern ones.

I would like to see a Naval Expansion to the Game. A working Carrier and Surface Fleet with the Airwing platforms of the Time.

The Flexibility of strike fighters allows people to exercise their selectivity and creative interests with designing, scripting, modding, addons to suit their entertainment value. We are fortunate to have a simulation that allows other end users to share their work with the rest of us.

to be honest im leaning more toward 60 and 70s planes because im a newb in that category. i know WWII and modern planes. but inbetween its all new to me. however whatever the modders turn out is whatever i download. its all good.

Hello;

Jetson here, I would like to see the 50's and 60's a/c and some good Navy aircraft along with Carriers that can support the landings on the deck.

Another era that could be added too would be the Korean Conflict and the Cold War era. There were awhole lot of aircraft in that time period that still need to be done along with Campains including VietNam.

Cheers...................................................................................Jetson

Guest Sony Tuckson

jets that entered service between 1950 and 1975

a quarter of a century...

so many superb planes...

jets that entered service between 1950 and 1975

a quarter of a century...

so many superb planes...

f-84, f101, f102, f106..f9f, f11f..and so on..not forgetting the british electric lighning, the vampire,the venom...the sea fury...

Nope, keep with the 60s and 70s era. That is the main reason I like this sim. So many memories from that time of my life.

Navychief

I agree with Sony, fifties jets would be welcomed too!

And sure carriers, several ones! :D I'm particularly dreaming of the Enterprise..

I would love to see a F-102 Delta Dagger,cuz i worked on em back in the 60's,(wepons systems)i do think this is a game unto it's self,an

should be preserved in it's era.

I grew up with the Nam stories my dad told me, and I always wanted to fly the F-4, and then the F-8, then I saw flight of the Intruder and that got me hooked. An A-7 would be a nice addy. Also I think the soviets need to have a few more quality aircraft, so adding some later 70's a/c for them wouldn't be a bad idea. Also the F-14A would be a nice add.

But primarily I would like to see the whole late 60's to mid 70's USN aircraft list in the game. I think the F-8 is a must right now for air to air, because the F-4 doesnt stand a chance in a guns only or in close fight with a mig.

So in short, SF needs to stay with its time period, and LOMAC needs to add 20th century AMERICAN carrier ops.

Cheers,

Jay

Guest Ranger332
I'm all for the Modding Community for building the Early jet era fighters, as well as modern ones.

I would like to see a Naval Expansion to the Game.  A working Carrier and Surface Fleet with the Airwing platforms of the Time.

The Flexibility of strike fighters allows people to exercise their selectivity and creative interests  with designing, scripting, modding, addons to suit their entertainment value. We are fortunate to have a simulation that allows other end users to share their work with the rest of us.

most here are attracted to the era of flight heretofor uncovered by the sim s to date. if you check meny here rember when these jets were realy flying. I rember seeing an F-100 and thinking "thats the cats ass", then saw the Phantom, and OMG.and the Skyraider at work it held respect by all that knew her. Then Man and jet were closer if you will, the Man knew the jet by feel just after perheat the pilot could tell if something wasent right. now it seems as there is a gap as the computer will do alot for the pilot. Also there wernt 20mile kills meny were still by guns and missles werent so good The cone of fire was mostly from the rear till they got better. Ya just had to fly the plane more it seems to me as there wasent anything to help you as much. The Navy was among the first to insist on two member crews to ease the work load (all it did was make it more specialized,and focused). there was just more "seat of the pants flying. and the Crewchief could tell his jet from any other just by sound meny knew by memory the amount of hours on most of the working parts of the craft.

Jets were still held in as a weapone of secrets. most till then regarded the AirForce as prop jobs.

Capt. Jimmy

I sure like the F-101 102 and so on. The reason I like Strike Fighters Projet 1 is that it is easy to fly. loading it goes real good. We do not have to drink coffeee while waiting as with flight simulator. And we do not have to plan the mission. We just hop in the office and fly away. I also like the modern fighters like the Eagle or the F-16 or from the Russians the SU-37 or MiG-29. We have seen much of LOMAC screenshots, but not very many have flown this product. We see many screenshots from LOMAC, but every time release has been delayed. Case maid very well be that LOMAC is too complex, not all who like modern fighters are real pilots. And when Strike fighter has some good modern good looking fighters it will stay alive much longer, and all benefit from it. Afteral it is open for all who like to fly and fight. With the 2nd patch near many problems will be solved and more modern systems can see the arena.

I would love to see a B-58 hustler, f-106, and an f-102 along with all the others already mentioned, but what I really want is carrier ops, and nuclear weapons. What fun is a cold war era game without a couple of mushroom clouds tucked under your wings. :twisted:

For a listing of what's currently being worked on in the Strike Fighters Community, check out my "Filling In The Blanks ( With Planes )" thread over at the SimHQ Strike Fighters General Forum. I try to keep it up to date with those aircraft that are currently being modded as a service to the community ( As I can't mod worth a damn myself )...

My picks for aircraft I'd like to see in SFP1 :

1. A *real* MiG-15 to replace the placeholder that came with the Sabre Pack

2. Folland Gnat ( for India-Pakistani Wars )

3. Hawker Hunter

4. Mirage IIIC

5. F-80C

6. Vampire

7. F-7U Cutlass

8. F-102/F-106

9. MiG-23

10. Yak-23 Flora

Well, I just gotta pile on this one with my two cents worth. " Read my lips....no new aircraft!" Hey, I love all the new stuff for all the reasons that make them the incredible "leading edge of technology" machines that they are. However, the reason this sim exists is to give us an opportunity to fly the early stuff, in context with the time period. LOMAC is gonna rock our world with all the "new tech" stuff that can be crammed into a sim. Why try to turn SF into LOMAC? Shoot, we got Falcon SP3 out there, along with a host of F-18 related sims that already do a great job modelling the modern era of air combat. LOMAC will be the new state of the art of the modern-era sims, so why try to make SF anything other than what it was meant to be? I LOVE the old stuff! I still remember when IT was the leading edge of technology! So, return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear...... - Sledge

i want to see more ww2 fighters made it would be cool to have a world war 2 campaign

Hey, what about including WWI aircraft. we've already seen some WW2 planes.   Or better yet, we could do a Starwars add-on.  The desert terrain is much like that of the starwars planet.

Cheers

Fates

Lol,

I have a Nice Stargate and DHD to add to the desert terrain. the Gate itself is about 180,000+ poly gons though.

Guest MrMudd

Ok who wants to take on this baby. I always wanted to fly one of these.

Imagine the amount Asskicking this baby could do, and She has a Big ass Gun in the Nose!

This would be a classic Mod, Strike Fighters Project Xenophobe.

When ya absolutely, positively have to kill every Alien Mother F***er on the planet. Accept no substitute.

I present to you the Drop ship from Aliens 2:

dropshipp1.jpg

Specifications  

Crew: Pilot and Chief/Weapons Officer  

Engines: 2 Republic Dynamics TF-900 turbines each rated at 310 kN dry thrust and 2 TF-220/A-14 combined cycle engines.  

Dimensions  

Height: 6.05 m  

Length: 25.18 m  

Span: 12.59 m  

Weights  

Loaded: 18,260 kg  

Maximum Loaded: 34,630 kg  

Performance: Power to weight ratio (loaded) 1:3.3; (maximum loaded) 1:1.7. Range is variable dependant on mission profile, load and ambient atmospheric conditions, but the UD4L is capable of dropping a load from low orbit, landing vertically, and lifting to orbit again from a vertical launch.  

Armament:  

1 x 25 mm gatling gun with 900 rounds  

32 x 150 mm unguided rockets  

12 x 70 mm unguided rockets  

8 x 120 mm guided rockets  

7 x AGM-220 air-to-ground missiles  

3 x TSAM threat suppression missiles  

3 x AIM-90 short range air-to-air missiles  

The UD4L Dropship is a versatile dropship and tactical transport. It was derived from an original Department of Defense requirement formulated at the end of the Tienstin conflict. It acts as a gunship by using its own internal gun and deploying weapon pods and hardpoints for rockets and missiles. The principle airframe is constructed from superplastic-formed diffusion-bonded metal matrix composites (MMC) and its 103.6 cubic meter internal payload bay can easily fit a M577 A.P.C. (turret stowed). The engines can produce exceptionally high thrust for low specific fuel consumption. The UD4L Dropship is also called a "Cheyenne." It has AN/ALQ-2004E defensive systems to keep it well protected. It has two types of power plants to allow vertical take-off capability (VTOL) hover to the hypersonic trans-atmospheric.