Sign in to follow this  
Eric Jager

Strike fighters wishes

I like to see more modern Fighters in Strike Fighters  

22 members have voted

1. 1. I like to see more modern Fighters in Strike Fighters

• Yes lets have more advanced fighters
    • No like to see more 60's and 70's

Hey, what about including WWI aircraft. we've already seen some WW2 planes.   Or better yet, we could do a Starwars add-on.  The desert terrain is much like that of the starwars planet.

Cheers

Fates

Lol,

I have a Nice Stargate and DHD to add to the desert terrain. the Gate itself is about 180,000+ poly gons though.

So when Ya'll gonna release the Death Glider?

:shock: :lol:

Guest MrMudd

They had some animations and models of it in the Alien Vs Predator 2

Looking forward to the same titled aliens Vs predetor CGI movie do out in 2005.

@ Eric

I agree, and I wouldn't want to put-off any modders that want to try and make more modern aircraft, it's just that I logged ALOT of hours in Jane's USAF, and SF's 60's feel hooked me. I think that I prefer the older jets, especially the Century Series. I love the Voodoo, Delta Dagger and the Starfighter. Hey, I even like some of those swabbie jets ;).

But I like the more modern things too (the F-15 is a personal favorite of mine; must be all that time in JF-15) so I will also buy LOMAC when it comes out for the more advanced things.

I guess my point is that SF models those early aircraft pretty well, and we don't really need any modern jets, what we need are carrier ops. I hate flying Navy A-4s of the dirt.

They had some animations and models of it in the Alien Vs Predator 2  

Looking forward to the same titled aliens Vs predetor CGI movie do out in 2005.

The Movie's due in '05? 8) :lol:

BTW, the way FPS technology is going, by the time AvP3 gets here, we probably will be able to fly the dropship...

Harrier is being worked on

seen some screenies of an GR-3 be patient, and it will come.

Guest SandViper

hi was wondering can somebody do this on was real ahead of it time in its hayday XB-51

xb51-0.jpg

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/bo...rs/b4/b4-58.htm

xb51-6.jpg

xb51-14.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Span: 53 ft. 1 in.

Length: 85 ft. 1 in.

Height: 17 ft. 4 in.

Weight: 55,930 lbs. gross

Armament: Eight 20mm cannon in the nose and 10,400 lbs. of bombs (or eight 5" High Velocity Aerial Rockets (HVAR) carried internally)

Engines: Three General Electric J47-GE-13 turbojets of 5,200 lbs. thrust each.

Crew: 2

PERFORMANCE

Maximum speed: 645 mph

Cruising speed: 532 mph.

Range: 1,600 miles

Service Ceiling: 40,500 ft.

Aircraft I would love to see added....

The F-3 Demon

The XB-70

The SR-71

THE YF-12 varient of the SR-71 with 4 Eagle missles later to be reborn along with it's radar and guidence pack in the F-14 as the Phoenix Aim-54 series. main difference is the Phoenix has a parbolic nose and the nose is a Fibreglass composite on the A-12 it was a boron silicate composite to withstand launchat over mach 3 and was a cone for better near hypersonic speed.

Yak Forger VSTOL

The MIGHTY Vodoo in all it's varients

Cutlass family

The Beautiful Seamaster Jet powered Seaplane

Ekranaplane Not sure of spelling the ground effect flying ship Russian late 70's early 80's

Some of the early VSTOL aircraft from France and Germany

The Sea Dart

The Pogo and Salmon and Vertijet VTOL Fighters

The Mighty Russian Bears

More Dassaults

More Yaks

X planes

Northrup Ramwing

The BlackBullet

The WW2 Volksfighter

Imagine a free for all dogfight with jet aircraft from all the eras 40,s to today GUNS only!

I think there would be some surprises.

While we are at it

This is a sim after all how about some what if's...

The F11F Tiger with the promised thrust that was never delivered

Same with the Cutlass and many others that were shackled with mediocore powerplants.

AND YES SOME MORE MODERN Aircraft.

F-22 Raptor

Eurofighter

Rafale

To name a few

most here are attracted to the era of flight heretofor uncovered by the sim s to date. if you check meny here rember when these jets were realy flying. I rember seeing an F-100 and thinking "thats the cats ass", then saw the Phantom, and OMG.and the Skyraider at work it held respect by all that knew her. Then Man and jet were closer if you will, the Man knew the jet by feel just after perheat the pilot could tell if something wasent right. now it seems as there is a gap as the computer will do alot for the pilot. Also there wernt 20mile kills meny were still by guns and missles werent so good The cone of fire was mostly from the rear till they got better. Ya just had to fly the plane more it seems to me as there wasent anything to help you as much. The Navy was among the first to insist on two member crews to ease the work load (all it did was make it more specialized,and focused). there was just more "seat of the pants flying. and the Crewchief could tell his jet from any other just by sound meny knew by memory the amount of hours on most of the working parts of the craft.

Jets were still held in as a weapone of secrets. most till then regarded the AirForce as prop jobs.

I fully agree!! I love SFP1 simply because it's easy to fly!

I flew "Fighters Anthology" (a.k.a. "The Mother of all flight sims") and altough it's still supported by HL, it's graphics and performance are really obsolete.

I can't fly lomac or F4, as I don't want to "drink coffee" while I wait for the game to load, or spend hours of my precious little time finding out what keyboard shortcuts will do what...

I'd like to see an "open era sim" (just like FA), covering every plane from the early 50 jets to todays B2s...

My 2 cents...

I'm sure that there is an F-3 Demon around.

The Tupolev Bear is a WIP & I'm pretty sure that there is a Gutless WIP.

Guest capun
I'm sure that there is an F-3 Demon around.

The Tupolev Bear is a WIP & I'm pretty sure that there is a Gutless WIP.

FoxMonter is working on one, either he posted at SimHQ or/and at C5's place

I would love to see this game stay in the 60's and 70's timeframe. There were so many good and possible good aircraft. There isn't a need to bring in aircraft like the F-15,F-16, F-18, and anything else that came out in the past 1976. Simply cause after this point it became a videogame. You just manuvered until you acquired the target, wait till b**ching betty gave you the shoot cue, pulled the trigger and a dot disappered off your scope. However, the time frame that is covered by the WoV and SFP is when a large amount to that was still foreign and just being introduced through out the world. These were still times where you had to manuver for the zero deflection gun shot or manuvered to achieve the rear-shot with a IR missile. This was also a time frame too when you still had to spend your time in the barrel trying to manuver and put an iron bomb down the throat of a target and hope that the AAA and early SAM's didn't get you. Back too when in some platforms it was a debate between who was the better bomber; the Pilot via visual or the B/N with his radar system.

That would be my biggest wish for improvement in this game is introduce a working air to ground and radar bombing system. I have WoV and all you can really do right now is zoom in to 5nm on some of the sets and hope that you are on path and decreasing range to do a level bomb. Some of those systems had at least some sort of stearing cues and a range counter and some would even pickle the bomb when you pushed the commit trigger when the radar and computer had the right info and thought that is was there.

You guys are missing the bigger picture. It isnt about what planes you think we should be working etc. Its what planes they want to make. People said the same thing you have Southern:

"I would love to see this game stay in the 60's and 70's timeframe. There were so many good and possible good aircraft. There isn't a need to bring in aircraft like the F-15,F-16, F-18, and anything else that came out in the past 1976"

If you do not like the newer planes then do not download them. If you want to keep it 60's and 70's then you can. No one is forcing you or anyone to D/L those newer planes.

"Simply cause after this point it became a videogame."

It is a videogame.....but in the way you use it, you make it as if those guys didnt do a damn thing to make them as accurate as possible within the limits of the game. I am sure they would have something to say about that. Here is what you have to remember about what we (the people who mod SF for free and your enjoyment) do for SF. We do what we want to. So if we want and F/A-22 in the sim then it is going to be in there. And no one has the right to tell us otherwise. Unless you start paying us to mod SF, then just download what you want and be happy it is free.

Spot on mate

I agree with you totally :clapping::clapping:

Just for that, Southern, We're going to model the A-7F, and you will download it...and YOU WILL LIKE IT..or we'll send USAFBLT over to whip you with a wet noodle!!!!

ya7f-1.jpg

Just for that, Southern, We're going to model the A-7F, and you will download it...and YOU WILL LIKE IT..or we'll send USAFBLT over to whip you with a wet noodle!!!!

ya7f-1.jpg

Yeah! A-7F rules!!! :clapping:

Regarding modern planes, it's awesome to be able to fly a Raptor, an Eurofighter, a Rafale, and why not a B2?... specially if all this is coming free, as USAFMTL masterly pointed! :victory:

=S=

I'll take the A-7K if you also give me the F-111B, F6D Missiler, the Grumman XF12F-1, the A-9, YF-12, F2Y-1, oh and the XFV-12. :)

USAFMTL,

You mis-understood what I meant by videogame. In the real world with most of the advanced electronics and radar systems that are out now, it really isn't that hard to achieve a hit ratio 98% and a CEP inside a 5m circle, let alone the fact that most of the missiles will give you reliablilty and a kill ratio >80%. So it is like a videogame for most of the aircrew flying today. Watch the screen, flip a couple switches and when you hear the tone push the button. Weapon is released, weapon hits the target and you cruise on back home. Just like playing Nintendo. When compared to the time frame that both SFP and WoV covered, sometime you were lucky that you didn't blow yourself up in the process of engaging ground targets, and air targets some of the aircraft were able to go fast enough to catch up with thier own bullets. Let alone the fact that for some aircraft the "switchology" is what prevent them from probably achieving a decent kill ratio in a number of the cold war conflicts. You ae right that I don't have to download any of the mods that are created by this great community. I understood that this question and poll posed by another member was to ask for where most people stood on where the direction of the mods should go. I gave my opinion.

I have come late to this community since when I first read the reviews of SFP1 all I heard was what a buggy mess it was. I happen to run across a friend of mine who purchased WoV and let me play around with it. I got a kick out of it, mainly because it has a plane near and dear to my heart the A-6 Intruder. Let alone the fact they this game emphasies the ground attack missions just as much the Air to Air missions. The last time that I saw an A-6 modeled in a combat sim was the game "Flight of the Intruder" which was produced by Spectrum Holobyte. They took thier excellent Falcon 3 engine and modeled the Vietnam Linebacker II missions and the F-4 and A-6 in it very well. Also the last time that I saw ground attack pushed against a varity of targets and different targets was some of the old EA/JANES series of survey sims. I love the game for that and went out and bought my own copy of WoV and playing it and loving every moment of it. I am now in the process of trying to find SFP1 to expand on the possible places to play along with play what looks like some really great add-on campaigns and others that required portions of the SFP1 to work properly. I am sorry that I sounded like parrott for echoing what others have said.