Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Rebuild of Gepard's Isreal 2 for WoI

Rebuild of Gepard's Isreal 2 for WoI

Isreal 2 Terrain Upgrade for WoI

This is an extensive expansion of Gepard's "Isreal 2" full-scale map he made several years ago for SF/WoE/WoV. What this will do, is allow its usage in WoI (or any of the other games, for that matter), with a massive expansion of the target areas. Several new items have been added to the types ini, allowing the 1948-1967 timeframe for Historical missions and Campaigns in the Middle East region. This is NOT the full terrain, just a small package of inis, a few new objects, and some tiles for use with Polak's Desert Tile set (see "Notes" below for more information). Updated planning maps have been included, based off Gepard's originals.

It has been extensively upgraded, with new movement, targets and types ins. Water effects are active, so Vista users take note...more information for you is below in the Install Instructions. See "Notes for Vista Users" below.

It is reccomended (read: REQUIRED) that you have Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Pak installed in your GroundObject folder; expecially the Desert skinned vehicles, plus any additional vehicles such as Kesselbrut's ZIL truck pak, Infantry paks, Moonjumper's fix for the BM-14-16 (adds working Kytusha rockets) and any other SAMS or AAA, vehicles or whatever strikes your fancy.

It is designed to use either the Bunyap or Mirage Factory Weapons Pak; some of the names for the IDF air defenses (ie: the HAWKs and their associated radars) and their 'arranements', are taken from Nick Bell's 'NATO Air Defense Mod'; these are the names used for the 2 HAWK radars. In addition, I've included 2 new Infantry units - one generic Arab and one IDF, based off Kesselbrut's 'Infanty Squads'. I've replaced the RPG/LAW with an automatic rifle. I've also given you my fully updated gundata.ini and gundata.dat files, which have all the needed guns.

As stated above, it is =specifically= designed for use with Wings Over Isreal. It has -also- been tested in SF, WoE and WoV;.expecting the fact the WoV users will need to get a new tile set. See "Notes for WoI Users With Only WoV" below.

---You MUST have Gepard's Isreal2 terrain already installed for this to work -- it it NOT a full terrain--

So, like I always say....read the readme...it has everything you need to know! Also, the extensive notes section for more, in-depth explinations and guidence.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

kevin stein

First downloader :smile:

Wrench thank you for your work on this great terrain!

After running through the stock campaign a half-dozen times, I think this will be a cool switch.

Especially if the Israelis actually get some SAMs and stuff.

:good:

After running through the stock campaign a half-dozen times, I think this will be a cool switch.

Especially if the Israelis actually get some SAMs and stuff.

:good:

Do you comfirm compatibilty with SFP1? if I use only the targets and types ini, then the three old campaigns form johan should still be okei.

I haven't even downloaded yet, at work for the next 27 or so hours.

Will report in when I awake from my coma, but it may be a while...

Wrench, this is exactly what I needed! Hats off to you :clapping:

I just had a look at the files and found something:

In the movement.ini there is

StartArea=Eliat

and

StartArea=Abu Rudias Oil Field

The entries in targets.ini however are Eilat and Abu Rudais Oilfield. Could this cause problems with anti-ship/armed recon mission?

looks like a small spelling error....yes, that might cause them to not work

Just correct the spelling (odd--I always thought Eliat was spelled that way!) and fix it. Or change it in targets ini, which ever is easier!!

corrected with spelling:

[Route019]

RouteType=TRUCK

StartArea=Abu Rudias OilField

EndArea=Bir Tamahada

RoutePosition[001]=392989,326638

RoutePosition[002]=390068,371650

RoutePosition[003]=403115,379128

RoutePosition[004]=452190,409999

[Route020]

RouteType=TRUCK

StartArea=Eilat

EndArea=Ramon A

RoutePosition[001]=600778,365557

RoutePosition[002]=616861,413064

RoutePosition[003]=592621,440588

RoutePosition[004]=572815,485708

Also, #18 for the Ground attack...double check Eilat's spelling

Wrench

kevin stein

Hello,

I am quite new to this game, so please help me out if you can!

I have tried to install the original Israel 2 pack, into the WOI program, at the moment it just sits next to the original ISRAELME folders.

All of the other files in the program obviously oint to the ISRAELME file for information.

Basically I would like to know how to install and get it to work properly in WOI. If anyone cn help me in any way I will be more than grateful!

Thanks!

TOM

All the information, with HIGHLY detailed, step-by-step instructions, is in the enclosed readme.

What, exactly, is the problem???

Remember, you MUST have one of the original terrain folders (Desert, VietnamSEA or GermanyCE) in your WoI/Terrain folder for this to work. Make your adjustments in the 'cat pointer' line as outlined in the readme.

Converserly, if you DON'T have one of the original terrains available, it'll never work. This is clearly stated.

Wrench

kevin stein