Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

WoI MiG-17PF Fresco D Pak

WoI MiG-17PF Fresco D Pak

EAF MiG-17PF Fresco-D for WoI

This is an almost complete rebuild of Madcaddie's MiG-17PF 'Fresco-D' limited all-weather, radar equipped interceptor, as used by the Egyptian (and by inference, the Syrian Air Force) during the late 1950s, through the late 1970s. The Flight Model parameters themselves have been copied directly from the latest Fresco-C's (WoI), so they are the most current. This aircraft is NOT equiped with missiles or rocket paks, it's a simple guns-only radar equipped version as used by the EAF. Included is an 'interception procedures.txt', that gives you instructions on how to read the radar scope, as it's very short ranged.

There is also a completly new skin, created from a new template, made by me, based off the original 3rdW units. I've resized it up to 1024x1024, with completly redrawn rivet and panel lines. Also included is a revamped "M17PF.bmp" for the nose radar bubble, also resized and repainted, that matches as close as possible, the camo pattern of the fuselage. I've even given you my 'Early Russian Pilot' - PilotER, to use.

This is a COMPLETE package, including a modified version of Paladrain's 21MF cockpit, 'downgraded' for use in this aircraft. All inis, skin bmps, cockpit bits, and a new WoI style hangar screen are included. It is designed to be used ONLY in WoI, with the Mirage Factory Weapons Pak. (although it CAN be used in WoI with the bunyap pak)

You =WILL= be using the weapons editor to add the 'radar nose bubble'.

==YOU MUST HAVE THE WOI WEAPONS EDITOR==

PLEASE read the enclosed readme for more, detailed install istructions

Happy Landings!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Nice plane!! My first flyable enemy aircraft in wings over israel :biggrin: but 1 question..When i fly the aircraft there is no sound if the afterburner is not on. No aircraft sound of the engine only with afterburner.is this correct or did i do something wrong?

I put the map of this plane in the map aircraft en thats it right?

Anyway thanks for youre time!

Has the PF nose the same name as the old one?! Do i need to reuse the weaponseditor if I have the old one installed?!

Gohan, this is quoted from the "readme.txt" enclosed in the package:

NOT included is the "MiGEngine.wav" from the Mirage Factory's superb offerings; I hope you have it, as the data ini is set up to use that for the engine sound. If you are using TMFs WepPak, it's already there.

That sounds comes in The Mirage Facory's MiG-21F-13.

Blackbird, I belive it is the same one. It's just been repainted. -- so it'll screw up any other 17PF/PFUs that use that lod. Hence, the need for WoI being theatre specific -ie: Mid East only.

Obviously, it'd be an easy matter to do little hex editing and create a "new" lod, and rename the ini and bmp to match.

As to using the weapons editor to revalidate, have you made the suggested changes in it's type??? Don't forget, about 3 years ago, it was switched to a 0 strength jammer.

All is in the readme

Wrench

kevin stein