Sign in to follow this  
comrpnt

Coming soon...Operation Rubicon (for WOE)...

Hi folks, thought I'd post a storyboard of my latest mission set, but I blew the limit on images in a single post...so I posted it here instead http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5209.

Should be ready in a week, as soon as I've written the mission briefings.

Here's the banner page in the meantime:

img20000Large.jpg

And the overall planning page:

img20001Large.jpg

Regards, comrpnt. :-)

Edited by comrpnt

Damn! I love your missions, can't wait for this one!!!!!!!!!

Wow, incredible pictorial up over there.

Looks like a well crafted mission, looking forward to it...

Well since you twisted my arm the max number of images per post has been increased. Have fun! :rockon:

Well since you twisted my arm the max number of images per post has been increased. Have fun! :rockon:

Many thanks Erik, much appreciated. :-)

Is this what you had in mind Dave?

HELL YEAH!

Many thanks Erik, much appreciated. :-)

Many thanks to you, mate. Looks to be well done!

"E-2C Hawkeye (AI only). Departs CV-60 USS Saratoga on ELINT mission close to East German border. "

an ELINT mission?

when you say "close to East German border" are you putting it overland in the vicinity of the GIB (German Inner Border) or overwater in the Baltic?

looks like a fantastic mission pack!! Looking forward to it.

"E-2C Hawkeye (AI only). Departs CV-60 USS Saratoga on ELINT mission close to East German border. "

an ELINT mission?

when you say "close to East German border" are you putting it overland in the vicinity of the GIB (German Inner Border) or overwater in the Baltic?

looks like a fantastic mission pack!! Looking forward to it.

For the E-2C, the planning map above shows you the routes - in light Blue. One to cover the Northern route USN/USMC inbound traffic and one further to the South for everyone else coming in from the West. Obviously this is all just simulated. The E-2C is just eye candy air traffic in this mission pack as it has a basic 'there and back again' mission defined. I didn't think anyone would want to take that role on the day of the mission as the E-2Cs don't engage with the enemy, so I left it as AI. As you can see, they mostly fly overland to their assigned GIB area, then recover back to CV-60, approaching from the North.

comrpnt.

For the E-2C, the planning map above shows you the routes - in light Blue. One to cover the Northern route USN/USMC inbound traffic and one further to the South for everyone else coming in from the West. Obviously this is all just simulated. The E-2C is just eye candy air traffic in this mission pack as it has a basic 'there and back again' mission defined. I didn't think anyone would want to take that role on the day of the mission as the E-2Cs don't engage with the enemy, so I left it as AI. As you can see, they mostly fly overland to their assigned GIB area, then recover back to CV-60, approaching from the North.

comrpnt.

I can't actually open the map from where I am logging in at the moment. Hence, my question.

Understand the eye candy and the model isn't really flyable anyway. The ELINT caught my eye as that is not the E-2 mission. Very unlikely that one would go overland in such a mission. Not a big deal. Just curious.

I have just one little idea.

I guess all those ppulate airbases and the rostock area are going to be part of the mission, like the statics in yuor great vietnamset.

May I suggest to set them up as targets in the targets and type ini, so that they stay there, and not only they are part of the mission, but will be used in campaigns as well?

I have just one little idea.

I guess all those ppulate airbases and the rostock area are going to be part of the mission, like the statics in yuor great vietnamset.

May I suggest to set them up as targets in the targets and type ini, so that they stay there, and not only they are part of the mission, but will be used in campaigns as well?

Hi Canadair, I'm with you on that - they are already targets and types! ;-) - but restricted to "ActiveDate=04/20/1979"..."InactiveDate=04/30/1979" (that's how I broke the limit on GroundObjects - but fixed now!).

For you, and others, I can unrestrict them easily. But this may affect other situations you load into WOE. Not sure if a one-size-fits-all will be the way to go straight out of the box once I ship the mission pack. BUT, it's simply to unrestrict the _targets.ini entries just be removing the offending InactiveDate line for each one.

For info, populated bases in the mission set are: [NATO] Jever, Fassberg, Gutersloh, Wunstorf, Diepholz, [Warsaw Pact] Laage and Putnitz.

So, wherever you fly from and recover to, you'll see something on the base.

Kind regards, comrpnt. :-)

Hi Canadair, I'm with you on that - they are already targets and types! ;-) - but restricted to "ActiveDate=04/20/1979"..."InactiveDate=04/30/1979" (that's how I broke the limit on GroundObjects - but fixed now!).

For you, and others, I can unrestrict them easily. But this may affect other situations you load into WOE. Not sure if a one-size-fits-all will be the way to go straight out of the box once I ship the mission pack. BUT, it's simply to unrestrict the _targets.ini entries just be removing the offending InactiveDate line for each one.

For info, populated bases in the mission set are: [NATO] Jever, Fassberg, Gutersloh, Wunstorf, Diepholz, [Warsaw Pact] Laage and Putnitz.

So, wherever you fly from and recover to, you'll see something on the base.

Kind regards, comrpnt. :-)

Ah I see, so it is going to be like some of the WOV set; sadly thoguh in those sets the static aircraft where missions-related and not built in the danang AB for example.

hmhm this will require lots of downloads...are you making pack or shall I start downloading?

Oh and when you have time, can you elaborate more on this ground-objects limitations that you faced? I d like to learn something. thanks...

Edited by Canadair

Ah I see, so it is going to be like some of the WOV set; sadly thoguh in those sets the static aircraft where missions-related and not built in the danang AB for example.

hmhm this will require lots of downloads...are you making pack or shall I start downloading?

Oh and when you have time, can you elaborate more on this ground-objects limitations that you faced? I d like to learn something. thanks...

You will need lots of downloads. Nothing I can do to avoid it, but the readme I'm producing is in html this time so each pre-req is a link to the appropriate download.

As for the GroundObjects limit...see here: http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5173

Regards, comrpnt.