Well, I figured out the issue with the Korea Air War F-86's anyway. FastCargo gave me the hint. The dark tint for those planes is part of the F86_reflection TGAs. Delete the TGAs from the texture folders and it removes the reflections AND the dark tint.

I realize this is somewhat a matter of taste but I just prefer my canopys without tint or reflections. Not sure if anyone else has this issue.....

Now the A-6A is another issue...... Probably something similar but still have not figure it out yet.

What I AM pretty sure of is that the CanopyGlass.TGA does NOT control the tint you see on the inside of the cockpit. It does control the color of the canopy from the external view.

What I AM pretty sure of is that the CanopyGlass.TGA does NOT control the tint you see on the inside of the cockpit. It does control the color of the canopy from the external view.

The S-3A had a dirty canopy from the inside and I took the FrontGlass.tga that is in the cockpit folder and make it clear and it removed the dirt.

Well, I figured out the issue with the Korea Air War F-86's anyway. FastCargo gave me the hint. The dark tint for those planes is part of the F86_reflection TGAs. Delete the TGAs from the texture folders and it removes the reflections AND the dark tint.

come on, I could have told you that! I had major lag probs with a bunch of planes, and they all had reflection .tgas. as soon as I nixed those, everything was fine.

Update on the A-6A canopy....

It is definitely in the cockpit LOD where this is being done. The stock WOV A-6 has a perfectly clear, beautiful canopy view but once you apply the patches it goes dark.

Extracting and copying the stock cockpit LOD to the cockpit folder of a patched WOV/WOE install removes the darkness but I don't know what it might screw up. (I was expecting a CTD or something but it works just fine.)

I guess I should go poke around the TW forums......

Update on the A-6A canopy....

It is definitely in the cockpit LOD where this is being done. The stock WOV A-6 has a perfectly clear, beautiful canopy view but once you apply the patches it goes dark.

Extracting and copying the stock cockpit LOD to the cockpit folder of a patched WOV/WOE install removes the darkness but I don't know what it might screw up. (I was expecting a CTD or something but it works just fine.)

:clapping::good: