Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

A WOI weapon tweak test

Yesterday night I did some tweaking in the new WOI wep editor for some missile tweaks. As many of you know that TK denutted some missiles for dogfight gameplay. However, his tweaking made meduim BVR/medium WVR a tad frustrating. Now before I post the numbers, I did the tweaking by looking at the SP1 SP3 standard install with the old wep editor and comparing them to WOI wep data in the new WOI wep editor. I picked a good between number for various sections. Based on my 2 test combat flights, the AIM7E2 did a good job, only missed 3 times. But I need to be sure this tweak isn't uber. Ok for the tweaks you need to need the WOI wep editor. Now onto the various number tweaks. Put these numbers in the sections I put up.

Tweak for the AIM7E2

Accuracy = 80

Launch reliability = 85

Lock-on Chance = 85

Noise Rejection = 80

A warning: Be sure to back up the WEAPONDATA file if you decide this is too uber. I hope we can get a good numbers in this test. Thank you for the help. Once we've decide the best tweak, we'll work on the AIM9L next

Falcon

This is quite interesting, I find WOI to finally be more suitable for modern(ish) missile combat as missiles are not ridiculously effective anymore...

I think I should test more, I was trapped in my MirageIII for too long it seems :biggrin:

I also am more a fan of the newer set up. Historically speaking the AIM-7 was pretty piss-poor over Vietnam, pilots firing them in groups of two or three just hoping one would hit. Even in the '89 Tomcat engagement over Libya at least the first AIM-7 missed (and that was either an F or an M, IIRC). The more ultra-modern missiles are far deadlier, certainly, and that ought to be reflected, but I like the fact that missiles have more restrictive envelopes now. Heck, I had a -9L track at the sun (hit F9 and the sucker's just going straight at it!) I find it more realistic than before.

the 7E-2 on the F-4 shouldnt give you any trouble in game, its the APG-63 in the baz that reacts a little bad to beaming... :ph34r:

edited ... just for fun...

Edited by Crusader