Sign in to follow this  

Foreign Sabres

View File

From Tazkillers Readme

F-86 Sabre

First of all I would like to think “USAFMTL” for allowing me to be a part of this effort.

Secondly thanks go to David Zurawski for his wonderful F-86 Sabre that is such a work of art.

Thanks to Wolf-257 and Crab_02 for the A and E model Sabres.

Thirdly thank you to all that have modeled and skined the work to developed individual sub-models of the F-86.

Thanks to Jimmy Bib for all his graphical engineering.

Lastly thank you to “Fubar 512" for his expert guidance in my effort in Flight Modeling.

Any credit missed is purely unintentional.

WOW!!! My IDF and RAF Sabres are in there!!! Cool!!!! looks like the mapping is the same, and I can re-use that 112 'Sharkmouths' skin that me nuts trying to do!!!

Nice work guys!!! Kudos all around!!! :ok:

Wrench,The

kevin stein

Tazkiller worked the FM's on every Sabre he could fine and updated as needed. He is a Sabre nut!

Tazkiller worked the FM's on every Sabre he could fine and updated as needed. He is a Sabre nut!

i hope that are included the F-86K

The packs didn't include the SabreEngine file or the Pilot files, where can I get them??? :(

Since we're on the subject, there is a further Korean War Sabre I'd have liked to see - No.2 Sqn South African Air Force, the Flying Cheetahs, who formed a part of 18 Fighter-Bomber Wing. Initially on F-51Ds, later on F-86s. Bit of exoticism. If anyone is interested in the idea, either I can scan a few photos - got lots - or I learn how to make up decals and nationalities correctly! Although the huge fin flash - the entire height of the fin - would ideally be done on the photoshop layered file before exporting. Much easier than fooling round with a decal. The present SAAF markings are incorrect for the period, as they used an RAF-style blue and white circle, but with a leaping orange springbok replacing the inner red circle, ek se, ek se.

Any interest?

Edit - The fin stripe is similar to the one in the 67FBS skin - a quick once over in photoshop to adjust the colours and it's bang on. Getting closer!

Edited by ndicki

Getting there - new decals, serials and codes, but I'm getting bleeding on the nose section and fuselage - thick black lines along and underneath the fuselage, caused by the large individual letter. I got the same thing for the squadron insignia on the nose, so I had to fix it into the skin, instead.

Is there a known work-round for this? It is my first SFP1 mod, so be charitable!

And then - who can give me permission to upload, please?

Is there a known work-round for this? It is my first SFP1 mod, so be charitable!

And then - who can give me permission to upload, please?

Bleeding fixed. The decals did not have a wide enough border. Learning curve, here we come...