Sign in to follow this  
peter01

The Upcoming Patch(es)

Sure it won't be long.............. and with all this discussion/confusion about what works with what, thought it may be advisable to post something before it happens.

Just my opinions.....

TK will provide patches including an upgrade for the pre-EP game to EP standards, real soon maybe??

If you don't have the EP, should you upgrade the pre-EP with a patch to bring it to EP standards?

I'd say, yes and no.

No, because all the planes you have for pre-EP won't work properly. Basically the problem will be the AI, and not trivial issues. Not just dogfighting, but formation flying, Autopilot too. It will be unplayable. So keep your pre-EP as it is, untouched. Otherwise it will be the worst of both worlds (unless TK does something different).

Yes, as in a NEW seperate install. But don't move all the pre-EP planes into the new install, just those for which new FMs have been done, ie, most of my lot uploaded this week, and those that you have correct 3 D models for. They will work.

Of course I'd suggest you buy the EP (and keep pre-EP seperate and not patched), its a better game, TK is probably going to improve it further and over time all the planes will probably work for EP, but I can understand people may not have the filthy lucre necessarily, or want to do it.

Just thought I'd post this, hate confusion.....and in a way, the issue facing FE players is different to TKs other games......the previous jet sim game users probably could upgrade when patches are ready for them, easily, without our particular issues.

Edited by peter01

Thanks, didn't see this particular post....but not surprised, my guess is that the FMs will change with each and every patch for maybe quite a while :blink:

Hopefully this time round the post-beta trials will be shared with WOI.

Hello gentlemen,

Will there be an Expansion Pack 2 in the future ?

Regards,

Tooner

Hi Tooner. Its difficult to say. There is a patch in the pipeline for First Eagles. Actually we will probably get two patches. One an update/bug fix type patch for the EP and another an upgrade for First Eagles to EP standards without the Cambrai terrain and the new aircraft introduced in the EP. What comes after that depends on whether the FE series is making TK enough money to warrant more investment in another addition. I hope forum participation isn't an indicator..... :tumbleweed:

I hope forum participation isn't an indicator.....

Perhaps this has to do with the lack of a patch for the EP. The screwed up horizon bug is a real interest killer for me, and there are other important problems. Going back to just pre EP is a non-starter for me because of its own problems (most fixed in the EP). So I wait.

I wish naval ops was in a future patch as well as torpedo fixes or torp carrying planes. I would think missions with the british carrier HMS Furios and their plan to attack the german High Seas Fleet at Kiel in 1918 would come to mind.