Sign in to follow this  
racinglad

Having trouble installing Falcon 4.0 AF

I know this is a forum for Third Wire, but I´m getting kind of desperate. The f4 forum is almost dry of visits.

I´m trying to install Falcon 4.0 AF. But just as it nears the end of the installing process I get this messege saying this:

Error reading from file C:/Archivos de programa/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield Operations/terrdata/Korea/texture/texture.zip. Verify that the file exists and access it.

I has two options: Retry and Cancel. I´ve tried retry several times to no avail. If I hit the cancel button the installer automaticaly removes all files from my computer and thus prevents me form accesing the file for a check up.

I´ve tried scan disk, defrag, removed WinRAR, disabled virus protection, etc. and still the problem persist.

Can anyone help?

Well i kinda guess that its it already installed bits into Windows so you could try the old LP method of completely removing whats on there:

If anyone is having issues uninstalling Allied Force, please try the following:

Go to this page http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

Halfway down is the download link to grab the Installer Cleanup Utility package.

Once you have downloaded the file, double click it and select "Run". This will install the package.

Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up and double click "msicuu.exe"

In the list of programs that appear in the new window, choose (All Users) Falcon 4.0: Allied Force .... and at the bottom hit "remove".

This should allow you to reinstall AF correctly.

Edited by CoolHand29