Sign in to follow this  
hurricane3

Markings and Insignia

I've noticed that since the expansion pack you can't change ,Squadron markings,Insiginia or numbers(the number never did really work well anyway ,before or since the EP), on the loadout screen.

This only happens with certain planes(pre EP?).

I tried changng the Neuiport17 C1 to the Lafayette Escadrille 124 on the Squadron Makings pulldown and get a blank fusalage ,now some Esadrille's will give you different numbers on the fuslage sides ,others won't or give the same number's.

The numbers pulldown never did seem to work right,you could choose a number and usually end up with a different number than the one you chose.

I even tried adding the Lafayette skin to the Nieuport 17 two gun but although it showed up under squadron markings it still gave blank fusalage sides.I even tried different dates as I thought the markings might be date sensitive (kind like the Vosesen terrian,which works no matter if you have random set or not,all depends on the date )The paint scheme always seems to work ,(except in the case of the Lafayette skin that I tried to add to the Nieuport.)

I'am debating if I should even add the next EP as I've lost some weapons and now the ability to change some makings.

I know the Insignia always worked before the EP as I could chance from the French to Russian air Service on the Nieuport before and think I could even bring up the Lafayette Indian head on the sides ,but I'am not sure.

I hate the thought of loseing more weapons and makings with a new EP ,now that at least I have bombs.

All the stock planes markings seem to work but addon planes is a hit and miss thing.So I'am very doubtful about adding any new EP's as you chance loseing so much.

I've noticed that since the expansion pack you can't change ,Squadron markings,Insiginia or numbers(the number never did really work well anyway ,before or since the EP), on the loadout screen.

This only happens with certain planes(pre EP?).

I tried changng the Neuiport17 C1 to the Lafayette Escadrille 124 on the Squadron Makings pulldown and get a blank fusalage ,now some Esadrille's will give you different numbers on the fuslage sides ,others won't or give the same number's.

The numbers pulldown never did seem to work right,you could choose a number and usually end up with a different number than the one you chose.

I even tried adding the Lafayette skin to the Nieuport 17 two gun but although it showed up under squadron markings it still gave blank fusalage sides.I even tried different dates as I thought the markings might be date sensitive (kind like the Vosesen terrian,which works no matter if you have random set or not,all depends on the date )The paint scheme always seems to work ,(except in the case of the Lafayette skin that I tried to add to the Nieuport.)

I'am debating if I should even add the next EP as I've lost some weapons and now the ability to change some makings.

I know the Insignia always worked before the EP as I could chance from the French to Russian air Service on the Nieuport before and think I could even bring up the Lafayette Indian head on the sides ,but I'am not sure.

I hate the thought of loseing more weapons and makings with a new EP ,now that at least I have bombs.

All the stock planes markings seem to work but addon planes is a hit and miss thing.So I'am very doubtful about adding any new EP's as you chance loseing so much.

Is there anyone who knows why the makings won't show up?Anyone?Earth to Combat ace forums, am I the only one here?

Oh I forgot ,Happy Easter!

Like u said above, it is Easter, so maybe most people are spending time with their families, that would make sense now that I stop and think about it, and besides, u cant expect a reply right after u post, its not a chat room, u have to be patient as someone will come at some point to answer ur question, so have a little faith, sit back, pop a top on ur favorite beverage, and relax and enjoy the show.

Like u said above, it is Easter, so maybe most people are spending time with their families, that would make sense now that I stop and think about it, and besides, u cant expect a reply right after u post, its not a chat room, u have to be patient as someone will come at some point to answer ur question, so have a little faith, sit back, pop a top on ur favorite beverage, and relax and enjoy the show.

Right on jarhead I get too impatient ,sorry, I posted Saturday but this is Easter weekend

Hi hurricane3. Skins and decals are not one of my strong points. We do have several resident experts but like Jarhead says it Easter weekend so its bound to be slower than normal around here.

Right on jarhead I get too impatient ,sorry, I posted Saturday but this is Easter weekend

Dont sweat the petty sh@# and dont pet the sweaty Sh@#, dont worry about it bro. no worries

Hey ya Hurricane3

Yer right Easter is getting in the way A bit ,so im sure thats the case right across the board

OK the problem is that if sqn's are not stated in the DECALS.ini they wont show on the plane , also the NUMBERS.lst

opened in a (hex editor) shows which numbers (can be/are in) use for the mark/model of the type in this case the N17's

ok so if we look at the default N17 , and open DORME folder, we will see the DECAL.ini

open that and we will see

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<N17 Dorme DEcal.INI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Decal001]

MeshName=FuselageNose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Nieuport17/D/Dorme

Position=-0.60,-0.09

Scale=0.3

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Nieuport17/D/stork

Position=-1.40,-0.37

Scale=1.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal003]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=-1.40,-0.37

Scale=1.00

DecalMaxLOD=3

Reverse=True

[Decal004]

MeshName=FuselageTail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Nieuport17/D/DormNum

Position=-2.95,-0.22

Scale=0.45

Rotation=-11.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal005]

MeshName=FuselageTail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=-2.95,-0.22

Scale=0.45

Rotation=11.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

Reverse=FALSE

Decal 2 & 3 are the POSITION & SCALE you want for your Sqn isignia's , but they point to location nieuport/D/

Now if you opened lets say the SE5a's decal.ini you would see that it pionts to no folder it just says

FilenameFormat=Sq

it also shows.

Decal Level=1

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SE5A DEcal.ini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Decal017]

MeshName=Fuselage P

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Sq

Position=-2.58,-0.03

Scale=1.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

[Decal018]

MeshName=Fuselage P

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Sq

Position=-2.58,-0.03

Scale=1.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

Reverse=TRUE

[Decal019]

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Sq

Position=-2.58,-0.03

Scale=1.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

[Decal020]

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Sq

Position=-2.58,-0.03

Scale=1.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

Reverse=TRUE

so if you were to copy and paste [decal002] & [decal003] into your decal.ini of choice

[Decal002] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< change to next free number in line i.e. [decal005]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2 <<<<<<<<<<<<<< & change this to DecalLevel=1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Nieuport17/D/stork <<<<& change this to FilenameFormat=Sq >>>>>>>

Position=-1.40,-0.37

Scale=1.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal003] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< change to next free number in line i.e. [decal006]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Nieuport17/D/stork <<<<& change this to FilenameFormat=Sq >>>>>>>

Position=-1.40,-0.37

Scale=1.00

DecalMaxLOD=3

Reverse=True

hope that helps , or at least puts u on the right track :victory:

happy easter

Hey ya Hurricane3

Yer right Easter is getting in the way A bit ,so im sure thats the case right across the board

OK the problem is that if sqn's are not stated in the DECALS.ini they wont show on the plane , also the NUMBERS.lst

opened in a (hex editor) shows which numbers (can be/are in) use for the mark/model of the type in this case the N17's

ok so if we look at the default N17 , and open DORME folder, we will see the DECAL.ini

open that and we will see

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<N17 Dorme DEcal.INI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Decal001]

MeshName=FuselageNose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Nieuport17/D/Dorme

Position=-0.60,-0.09

Scale=0.3

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

Position=-1.40,-0.37

Scale=1.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal003]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=-1.40,-0.37

Scale=1.00

DecalMaxLOD=3

Reverse=True

[Decal004]

MeshName=FuselageTail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

Position=-2.95,-0.22

Scale=0.45

Rotation=-11.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal005]

MeshName=FuselageTail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=-2.95,-0.22

Scale=0.45

Rotation=11.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

Reverse=FALSE

Decal 2 & 3 are the POSITION & SCALE you want for your Sqn isignia's , but they point to location nieuport/D/

Now if you opened lets say the SE5a's decal.ini you would see that it pionts to no folder it just says

FilenameFormat=Sq

it also shows.

Decal Level=1

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SE5A DEcal.ini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Decal017]

MeshName=Fuselage P

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Sq

Position=-2.58,-0.03

Scale=1.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

[Decal018]

MeshName=Fuselage P

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Sq

Position=-2.58,-0.03

Scale=1.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

Reverse=TRUE

[Decal019]

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Sq

Position=-2.58,-0.03

Scale=1.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

[Decal020]

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=1

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Sq

Position=-2.58,-0.03

Scale=1.40

DecalMaxLOD=2

Reverse=TRUE

so if you were to copy and paste [decal002] & [decal003] into your decal.ini of choice

[Decal002] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< change to next free number in line i.e. [decal005]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalFacing=RIGHT

Position=-1.40,-0.37

Scale=1.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal003] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< change to next free number in line i.e. [decal006]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=-1.40,-0.37

Scale=1.00

DecalMaxLOD=3

Reverse=True

hope that helps , or at least puts u on the right track :victory:

happy easter

Wow, A lot more complicated than I thought.I thought that if you ,say, down loaded the skin for the 124 Escadrille Lafayette from Combat Aces for the Nieuport two gun , followed the instructions ,which I did with the two gun Nieuport (even though with the EP I only have a phantom top gun) Then the Indian head would show up ,because 124 Lafayette showed up under paint schemes but not on the planes.

I can only get random numbers to show on the planes, seems like there's no rhyme or reason to the number's usually their not the ones you pick.

Anyway I took out the two gun but kept the stanard 17C1.The stock planes seem to work ok

I'am trying to simplify my life not make it more complicated.Which is why I'am afraid to install any further updates, I lost my rockets and gernades but got my bombs back and I'd hate to lose those.

Thanks for the advice and reply ,hope you had a good Easter.