Hi guys,

Im pretty new to all this modding and this website in particular. I don't really know whether im going about this the right way but id like to make a suggestion about a new mod.

I could be alone in saying this but i would like to see a mod for sfp1 set in modern times. I.E. 1990+. I rarely get time to play the game and when I see the mods that are out now and they all need seperate downloads for aircraft, terrain, weapons etc. i dont download because of the time it would take.

So if anyone is interested in doing a mod about a modern battle and include all the files it would need in one download, I would definately download it.

Mike

Check out Wings over Europe bud.

Wings over europe is set in 1962+. Im talking about a more recent one. E.g. set in perhaps 91 during the first gulf war or something? As i said i am a complete noob at this and have no clue where to start modding a game and i most probably wouldn't have the time anyway.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Mike,

check out this forum and you will see some work in progress'. However I am going to say this, if you are going to play this sim, better get over this "noob" syndrome. Because it does have learning curve.

I rarely get time to play the game and when I see the mods that are out now and they all need seperate downloads for aircraft, terrain, weapons etc. i dont download because of the time it would take.

I really don't get this part. Many mods are even packed in convinient *.exe so you just have to take the time for doubleclick :dntknw: Other are a simple form of "drag and drop" form rar/zip archive to specified folder.

It takes me virtually less than 30 sec to install a plane, a bit more for the terrain since they are generally bigger and need even up to terrible 35sec to unrar/zip :biggrin:

If you don't have the time to do that....

Easy, we were all there at one point or another, so I think we should cut him at least a LITTLE slack.

Easy, we were all there at one point or another, so I think we should cut him at least a LITTLE slack.

Brain32 said it best! It only takes a few minutes to add a mod.

Yeah, after a while, but when ur first starting out and dont know what to look for or where to look, it takes forever, I can vouch for that, no one learned all this in one night, so he shouldnt be expected to either. But if he had been doing this for a year and posted something like that, then there would be a definite problem. But then again, thats just my opinion

I mean, I see his point, com'on. The average user here has been playing this series for about 3 years out of the 5 years of lifespan so far. Still like USAFMTL said the noob syndrome must be overcome.

Mike just sit at your computer and download and mod, and try and swear and enjoy it when it finally works and then you have ideas and start modding other people's mods.. oh it is addictive. But you can' expect 100% from day-one.

Takes patience, and the rewards are huge. Still, the point is not that you don't have time, but how much time you can allocate to this game. Your time management is your problem, and on this forum you can complain only about the time that spouses demand and take away from flight simming and modding. And even that, I bet that there is people who would give away playtime to spend more time with family.

So, just download, play read our posts, enjoy. It is overwhelming, but fun.

One new user, "the test pilot" over msn a few days ago asked me about Falcon4; is it easy he asked, and I answered, "yes, at day one is overwhelming", His answer has been "I have time, I ll go over he learning curve" indeed a brilliant kid.

Flight simming and modding is a complex advanced hobby. Takes time, dedication and often gratification is delayed. Requires historical, technlogical aeronautical, and computer'use knowledge.

But like all difficult things, rewards are huge

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies you have posted. As regards to time i do plan to dedicate a bit more to playing these games. hopefully i will be able to learn how to mod and install these games quite quickly. I have downloaded wings over israel and i think its quite good. hopefully maybe one day you will see my work on this website LOL.

As for mods are there any mods in the pipeline that are based in the gulf wars or modern times.

If anyone knows please could you let me know

thanks

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies you have posted. As regards to time i do plan to dedicate a bit more to playing these games. hopefully i will be able to learn how to mod and install these games quite quickly. I have downloaded wings over israel and i think its quite good. hopefully maybe one day you will see my work on this website LOL.

As for mods are there any mods in the pipeline that are based in the gulf wars or modern times.

If anyone knows please could you let me know

thanks

There is a desert storm ready for release; rightly so the authors are waiting for the next patch release, which will upgrade, Wings over Europe, that is the game that will host this mega-mod to the new standard.

USAFMTL said it best, there is a learning curve. I'm also kinda new but figured out the adding the planes part now trying to figure out the terrain and weapons parts.

Mike

You do not need to mod or learn how to mod at all to enjoy this series. But you have to be somewhat computer savvy when it comes to some of the mods. You need to have an idea what a file structure is and things like that. The most basic understanding will take you far in this sim. That is all I am saying.

i feel called in cause, so.........

first

indeed a brilliant kid.

thanks!

however i must say, i only tried!

i got my sim the last summer, and i started modding two weeks ago.

I rarely had problems.

maybe because i have more knowledge on PC than many other people i met in the past.............

but................ look at my sign!

if you need help send me a PM

i like helping comrades.

i feel called in cause, so.........

first

thanks!

however i must say, i only tried!

i got my sim the last summer, and i started modding two weeks ago.

I rarely had problems.

maybe because i have more knowledge on PC than many other people i met in the past.............

but................ look at my sign!

if you need help send me a PM

i like helping comrades.

I have been adding planes, terrains and ground objects suucesfully this last week. I do know quite a bit about computers so no problems there.

The reason i said i am a noob is because i have absoloutely no idea how to actually create a plane from scratch, and then add it into the game

By the way thanks for the offer of help. Much appreciated to know people are willing to help noobs in the community LOL

Edited by mikepie11986

I have been adding planes, terrains and ground objects suucesfully this last week. I do know quite a bit about computers so no problems there.

The reason i said i am a noob is because i have absoloutely no idea how to actually create a plane from scratch, and then add it into the game

By the way thanks for the offer of help. Much appreciated to know people are willing to help noobs in the community LOL

Well, as a general rule, people around here like to help the noobs. But sometimes, its just more fun to give em the whole nine yards. :biggrin: